--15:51, 6 December 2019 (UTC)
Twisted crate[edit source]
Hi Andmcadams, I feel like it's pretty clear that the twisted crate is intended to be a reference to the tbow glitch. The name and the examine point clearly to the tbow (in my opinion). I don't think it's too far of a stretch to link the crate and the tbow glitch in my opinion, but I could be wrong. I can add it to the twisted crate discussion page for further opinions on the topic.
- Hi! I think it's a bit difficult to say whether or not it refers to the Twisted Bow (or the glitch) specifically, without knowing more. I think you could be right that it is a reference to the glitch, but we don't really know yet. It could be a reference to several other "Twisted" things, like the league, ancestral kits, or even the buckler. It could even be referring to something we don't know about yet. Imo, it seems a bit odd for them to refer to the glitch again with the crate when they have the much more obvious reference with the Twisted bush. We have been discussing it in the wiki discord if you want to discuss it in there. Andmcadams (talk) 17:23, 16 July 2020 (UTC)
Total levels oddity[edit source]
Hi. A number of pages, such as previous revisions of Free-to-play and Total level also list the total level for F2P as 8 more than what you'd think it would be (15*99). I can't say I'm sure what is the correct number here, but this isn't something I came up with. Maybe someone else can shed some light on where that +8 comes from? Maybe even correct those pages if it turns out it's wrong. --The scribe (T | C) 18:08, 20 August 2020 (UTC)
- Did some more checking. On the page Skill mastery is lists a player called 'Pawz' that I guess was the first to reach max total level on F2P. It says 1493 there too. I checked it with the Runescape Highscores page and it says the same number. --The scribe (T | C) 19:04, 20 August 2020 (UTC)
- Hi! I didn't realize that there were other instances of that being the max F2P total level on the wiki. I could understand it in the past since previously the "Free Total Level" did not appear on hover when looking at your stats in game as a F2P player. Now that this is in game and does not count member's stats at level 1 or otherwise, I would say that the 15*99 + 8*1 figure is wrong. Personally, I think this would have been an incorrect way of displaying it in the past anyway since you could go from members to free to play, and the shown total level in-game would still include any levels gained as a member. The term is a little ambiguous since it could mean (1) max total level obtained without ever being a member, (2) max total level of only F2P skills, or (3) the max total level that any free player, including previous members, could have. All of which would imply different values. The +8 makes sense with definition (2), but considering F2P total level worlds use definition (1), I question the usefulness of the +8. It makes sense on the skill mastery page imo, as that would be the visible total level and implies all of their F2P stats are 99 with only 1 for each member's stat (vs. having levels in various members stats as well). I can ask around too and see if there's some other historical reason for it or if it should be updated though. Andmcadams (talk) 19:07, 20 August 2020 (UTC)
About that Toy Cat thing[edit source]
(Btw apologies in advance if this isn't how I'm supposed to contact you lol, I'm new to using wikis)
So I wanted to ask, why would the Wooden Cat's head icon be more relevant for the Toy Cat? The wooden cat & toy cat are separate items, and the image update I did was to bring the head icon in line with an actual popup related to the Toy Cat NPC. As far as I'm aware, the wooden cat head isn't used for the Toy Cat in any cases? Or is there something I'm missing? Zechie (talk) 13:46, 27 August 2020 (UTC)
- No worries, this is a good way of contacting me! The image you uploaded isn't a chathead, it's just the item in the chat interface. If you try to do go underwater with a cat in your inventory, you'll see that it's not the cat chathead that pops up but the cat item. I'm not sure if the toy cat chathead is actually used in game anywhere, we usually get those images from the cache. There are some oddities in there, that while they are technically the correct chathead, don't match up with what would be expected. I can't say for sure if the toy cat chathead is actually used in game anywhere or if it's just stripped from the cache. I seem to remember it being used in a quest, but that might just be wooden cats. If you'd like, you can always join the wiki Discord by clicking the button on the sidebar. There are plenty of people in there who would be happy to help explain this a bit better than I can. Andmcadams (talk) 14:00, 27 August 2020 (UTC)
- Oh, I think I see now, so the image I got is more like a high res inventory icon, rather than a proper chathead? If I'm remembering right, the Wooden Cat chathead is used in a dialogue box of The Great Brain Robbery... Maybe for the one cutscene where the doctor is hiding in the crate of wood cats? Idk it was a while ago lol. Well anyways, thank you for clarifying this for me! Zechie (talk) 14:43, 27 August 2020 (UTC)
- Yeah, that's right! And it does look like the Wooden cat chathead is from Great Brain Robbery. After looking through some dialogue, I see no instances of "Toy cat" or "Toy Cat" so it's probably never used and was just pulled from the cache. It might not make sense to use the current chathead on that page since we don't include these "incorrect" chatheads on other pages that have them as far as I know (water wizard is an example of one missing an "incorrect" chathead). I'll talk to some other people and see what their opinions are on potentially getting rid of it since it is a bit misleading. Glad that cleared it up, and thanks for bringing this up. Feel free to ask anything if you have more questions. Andmcadams (talk) 14:58, 27 August 2020 (UTC)
Do you want a free wiki t-shirt?[edit source]
To celebrate the two-year anniversary of the new site, we're giving away RuneScape Wiki t-shirts to a bunch of wiki editors. Because of your contributions to the community over the last year, we'd like to send you one! If you're interested, go fill out this form, and we'll get those shipped out before the end of the month.
If you have any questions, shoot me a talk page message or a DM on Discord (Cook#2222). Thanks!
My first edit[edit source]
Ugh, I make an edit, a tiny edit, for the first time ever and it turns out to be a mistake and immediately fixed by you. Thank you for initiating me into the Wiki and forcing me to be more careful in the future when making even the smallest edit! TipJar (talk) 20:04, 21 October 2020 (UTC)
This is Not an Email[edit source]
Hello, friend McAdams,
I do so appreciate your loving comments. I am newly old to the OSRS-WIKI and I am excited to learn more!