-- 05:58, 3 February 2019 (UTC)
Farming Guild map[edit source]
Im not sure how to use this talk feature, but what harm is it to also have a visual aid? the text sections for the farming guild are poorly organized compared to having a brief picture. -- Julietpapa369 (talk) 02:58, 2 July 2019 (UTC)
Barbarian fishing catch rates[edit source]
Would you mind sharing the raw data—via pastebin or some other hosting tool—and linking it as a source in the appropriate section of the Barbarian Training article? Thanks! -- Isle Of One (talk) 15:00, 16 March 2020 (UTC) Isle Of One (talk) 15:00, 16 March 2020 (UTC)
barb fishing 2.0[edit source]
Hi, thanks for maintaining the plots on the barb fishing page! I updated the plots you made after writing a short script to simulate barb fishing and noticing that the xp rates were different than on the wiki's (ie your) plot. This discrepancy could be in part to the community now better understanding how interpolation works in skilling. My plot and your new plot still show different xp rates, so we should get to the bottom of this. Could you attach the code you used to generate the plot? I'll review it to find the source of the discrepancy. Perhaps my code has a bug. (Also, note that I just removed your fishing probability plot from the Barb page in favor of a now standard template.) Heritability (talk) 19:49, 11 December 2020 (UTC)
- I dont know how to use talk, but you can find the core of the code on this reddit post I made a year or so ago: https://old.reddit.com/r/2007scape/comments/amkr0r/i_wrote_code_to_calculate_barbarian_fishing_xp/
- The rates I calculate are statistical simmulations for afk 5 tic method with an 11 second inventory clear which is what I originally wrote in the text for the article but someone seems to have edited that out some time ago along with my level to level table that showed the expected hours of leveling from one level to another.
- Julietpapa369 (talk) 21:22, 11 December 2020 (UTC)
- Julietpapa369 (talk) 21:25, 11 December 2020 (UTC)
- you should also increase your number of simulated events to smoothen out your curves and also add markers because levels are discrete, no sense in only using a continuous line to represent discrete data. Also how did you impliment that interactive figure? It does not show up in the editor right away.
- Julietpapa369 (talk) 21:42, 11 December 2020 (UTC)
- If it's easier to talk elsewhere, I'm on Discord with userID `Ben (data_dependent)#3975`. The 11 second inventory clear is likely the primary difference between our current rates. If you're interested, it turns out there's a small mechanical error with your code which anyone would have made a year ago. The interpolation is calculated differently than your code shows and is actually calculated as shown in the first few lines here: https://oldschool.runescape.wiki/w/Module:Skilling_success_chart . This has some unexpected consequences which people could explain eg on the Discord channel linked at the top left of the page. One consequence is that the rates are actually bumpy as a function of fishing level! That's not just due to noise from a simulation: the rates in that interactive plot are exact.
- The module linked above also shows how the interactive plot you're asking about was made. I agree that points would be better than lines in that module, but I haven't pursued gauging the opinion of the wiki community or editing it. You can see more examples of the module in action on the pages shown here: https://oldschool.runescape.wiki/w/Category:Pages_with_success_charts