Recent page removal[edit source]
Just wanted to note here why I just removed a page today - it was requested for privacy reasons, as it was a highly personal topic. Let me know if you have any concerns. Kirkburn (talk) <staff/> 18:44, February 6, 2018 (UTC)
- Hi Kirkburn, that page has been vandalised excessively very recently, so I'm sceptical that any request to remove it for "privacy reasons" is a legitimate request. Did you verify the authenticity/authority behind the request before removing it? We'd rather keep pages like that as they're archived from official newsposts on the RuneScape website. — JaydenKieran (talk) 18:51, February 6, 2018 (UTC)
- Hi, I lead the team of editors here on the OSRS Wiki. That particular page has been vandalised several times in the past month, and I am certain the request to delete that page was illegitimate. I ask that you revisit your decision, and undelete the page, as it is an archive of an official newspost made from the RuneScape website that no longer exists. -- SpineTalk 18:55, February 6, 2018 (UTC)
- I believe at least some of the vandalism was someone trying to get it removed, but not really understanding how best to do it - and I believe it was removed as an official news post for the same reason removal was requested here.
- I cannot divulge personal details about the removal, but I have no reason to believe it is not legitimate. People do have a right to privacy, and if you choose to read over the removed content, hopefully you will understand how it could be a cause of some ongoing distress for those involved. Kirkburn (talk) <staff/> 20:14, February 6, 2018 (UTC)
- Older news posts haven't existed officially for a while now which is why we keep a record of them. Admittedly I didn't look over the actual edits before calling it out as vandalism, I just noticed another admin had reverted and protected the page for vandalism so I assumed bad faith. After looking at the prior edits it does look like the person was just trying to remove a real name from the post, so I can see that they were probably made in good faith. Thanks for letting us know the context behind the removal — JaydenKieran (talk) 20:56, February 6, 2018 (UTC)