- Talk to Morgan in Draynor Village about a vampyre.
- Go upstairs in Morgan's house and take garlic from the cupboard.
- Talk to Dr Harlow in the Blue Moon Inn in Varrock, south of Varrock Centre.
- Buy a beer if you haven't already.
- Talk to Dr Harlow again and receive a stake.
- Buy a hammer from the general store just north of the bar if you haven't already.
- Bring your combat gear (food recommended), garlic, hammer, and stake to Draynor Manor.
- Go to the basement (east stairs, not through the west room).
- Open the coffin and kill Count Draynor. (You do not need to use the hammer/stake on him. Just kill him with them in your inventory)
Vampyre Slayer is directly required for the following quests/miniquests: