Varrock west bank
|Varrock west bank|
|Released||23 January 2001 (Update)|
The Varrock west bank, also known as Varrock west, West Varrock bank, or historically the Bank of Varrock, is a popular bank found just south of the Grand Exchange. Beyond its proximity to many shops, the bank also offers close access to a nearby anvil.
Today, the bank is the most popular free-to-play bank, and rares and Halloween items are still traded here in some worlds.
Floors[edit | edit source]
Main floor[edit | edit source]
The main level of the bank features five bank booths, as well as a deposit box and a poll booth. There is also a door that can be knocked at, at which point the player will muse "I don't think I'm ever going to be allowed in there." After knocking, the player has various chat options they can say towards the banker behind the door to try to convince them to let the player in, none of which will work.
Upper level[edit | edit source]
The bank has a 1st floor[UK]2nd floor[US], although there are no bankers or booths on it. The upper level shows the chandeliers in the bank, and is sometimes used as a quieter alternative to the floor below.
Basement[edit | edit source]
The bank also has a basement. The basement contains a locked room with coins, a gold ore, a gold bar, a gold necklace, a brass necklace, and a ruby ring behind a locked door. Players who have a Magic level of 33 or higher may use the Telekinetic Grab spell to obtain all the items except for the ruby ring. There is also a spawn of three coins on the floor to the north-east of the basement, directly in front of the stairs.
Crack the Clue III[edit | edit source]
The bank's basement also serves as the final location of Crack the Clue III. By going to the gate of the vault in the basement and performing a series of emotes in the correct order, players can summon the Mysterious Old Man; he will let the player into the vault to loot the chests inside, which contain the Robes of Ruin. Note that a certain series of steps MUST be completed in-game by the player in order for this to work correctly.
To exit the vault, players can either teleport out or do all emotes in the correct order again.
Historical timeline[edit | edit source]
- Upon its initial release in 2001, only coins could be banked here. This was the first bank in RuneScape.
- One week later, guards were placed in the area to make withdrawing money more secure. This was shortly before the implementation of the Wilderness, when the area around the bank was open to player versus player combat. The guards would attack players who attempted to kill other players.
- On 26 July 2001, the banking system was reworked, allowing players to store up to 48 distinct items, with a limit of 16 million items per stack.
- Finally, on 18 August 2001, two more banks were added to "reduce the crowding problems;" these were the Varrock east bank, and the Draynor bank. These joined the Falador west bank, added in April of 2001.
- With the addition of the Grand Exchange, a door was added to the north side of the bank, and the area around it was substantially redesigned.
Inhabitants[edit | edit source]
- There are six bankers inside, although only five can be banked with. The sixth stands by the door at the northern part of the bank.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
|Non-banks with bank access|