|Released||13 March 2014 (Update)|
|That'll get your arachnophobia going...|
|Attack style||Magic, Melee (stab, long-ranged)|
Venenatis is a large poison spider that resides east of the Bone Yard, and is the only monster to drop the treasonous ring. She uses multi-target Magic and long-ranged melee attacks. She is able to drain Prayer as well as perform a lethal stun attack that can hit up to 50 damage, and may combine it with another attack if the player does not have Protect from Magic active, which is capable of instantly killing the player. Unlike the other Wilderness bosses, Venenatis' lethal attack has a chance of failing.
Venenatis is immune to Magic damage, although spells with effects such as Vulnerability will still affect her.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Drops[edit | edit source]
Armour and weapons[edit | edit source]
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Rune pickaxe 1 Common 18,865 Diamond bolts (e) 100 Uncommon 34,200 Rune 2h sword 1 Uncommon 37,984 Rune knife 60 Uncommon 18,420 Dragon pickaxe 1 Rare (1/171) 6,088,331 Dragon 2h sword 1 Rare (1/256) 132,933 Treasonous ring 1 Rare (1/512) 438,479
Resources[edit | edit source]
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Chaos rune 400 Common 39,600 Death rune 300 Common 66,300 Blood rune 200 Common 57,600 Uncut ruby 20 (noted) Common  27,520 Uncut diamond 10 (noted) Common  29,430 Supercompost 100 (noted) Uncommon 45,200 Unicorn horn 100 (noted) Uncommon 38,200 Red spiders' eggs 500 (noted) Uncommon (3/128) 40,000 Gold ore 300 (noted) Uncommon 106,200 Cannonball 250 Uncommon 38,000 Magic logs 100 (noted) Uncommon 114,300 Limpwurt root 25 (noted) Uncommon 23,875 Uncut dragonstone 1 Rare 13,915 Yew seed 1 Rare (1/128) 85,432 Magic seed 1 Rare (1/128) 138,986 Palm tree seed 1 Rare (1/128) 36,552 Grimy snapdragon 100 (noted) Rare (1/128) 819,000 Dark fishing bait 375 Rare (1/128) 750
Consumables[edit | edit source]
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Dark crab 8 Common 10,456 Super restore(4) 3 Common 28,602 Antidote++(4) 10 (noted) Uncommon 4,000
Other[edit | edit source]
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 15,000–20,000 Common Not sold Onyx bolt tips 60 Uncommon (5/128) 503,520 Mysterious emblem 1 Uncommon (1/27.5) 169,393 Looting bag 1 Uncommon (1/30) Not sold Slayer's enchantment 1 Uncommon (1/30) 1,022 Clue scroll (elite) 1 Rare (1/100) Not sold Long bone 1 Rare (1/400) Not sold Venenatis spiderling 1 Very rare (1/2,000) Not sold Curved bone 1 Very rare (1/5,000) Not sold
- 20 uncut rubies are dropped along 10 uncut diamonds
- Only dropped while on a slayer assignment given by Krystilia, unless the kill was done on the official Bounty Hunter world. Killing Venenatis on the Bounty Hunter also increases the drop rate from 1/27.5 to 1/5.
- Only dropped while on a slayer assignment given by Krystilia.
- 1/50 if a Ring of wealth (i) is worn.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- She was a player-suggested boss, which was adopted into the game after a substantial amount of positive forum feedback.
- The term Venenatis comes from the Latin "Venēnātis", which means "Venomous" or "Poisoned".
- If Venenatis is attacked while she is in a single-way area, she will only take 1-8 damage from the player's attacks regardless of their weapon. This is because her habitat is surrounded by a single-way area, and all of the Wilderness bosses (excluding demi-bosses) reside in multi-way areas. Players can still deal full damage to her while standing in the single-way area if she remains in a multi-way area.
- On release, the tree stump found south-east of the trees in 24 Wilderness was one square south than what it is now. This was changed in an update in order to prevent players safespotting Venenatis behind the trees. However, it can still be done, albeit with a lot more effort.
- If Venenatis is lured south near single-way combat and attacks a player with her multi-target Magic attack, any nearby players in the single-way combat zone already in combat with another entity will also be hit. This may be an oversight by Jagex.
Wilderness bosses and rewards