|Released||13 March 2014 (Update)|
|Examine||That'll get your arachnophobia going...|
|Attack style||Magic, Stab|
|Slayer XP||388.8 xp|
|Immune to poison||Immune to venom|
Venenatis is a large poison spider that resides east of the Bone Yard, and is the only monster to drop the treasonous ring. She uses multi-target Magic and long-ranged melee attacks. She is able to drain Prayer as well as perform a lethal stun attack that can hit up to 50 damage, and may combine it with another attack if the player does not have Protect from Magic active, which is capable of instantly killing the player. Unlike the other Wilderness bosses, Venenatis' lethal attack has a chance of failing.
Venenatis is not immune to Magic damage.
According to Phabelle Bile, Venenatis is the last of her kind, who were hunted to extinction by dwarves. It is also revealed that she has a lair of her own, but she only goes there to recover from her wounds. It is not seen anywhere near her roaming area either.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Location[edit | edit source]
|East of the Bone Yard||464||1||Maplink|
Drops[edit | edit source]
The following drop rates are provided by Jagex, unless otherwise specified.
The average Venenatis kill is worth 82,850.27.
The average Venenatis kill while on a Konar task is worth 84,655.69.
Pre-roll[edit | edit source]
Weapons and armour[edit | edit source]
|Rune 2h sword||1||3/128||37,773||38,400|
|Dragon 2h sword||1||0.5/128||131,933||132,000|
Runes and ammunition[edit | edit source]
|Diamond bolts (e)||100||5/128||31,500||12,600|
Materials[edit | edit source]
|Uncut ruby||20 (noted)||7/128[d 1]||23,200||1,200|
|Uncut diamond||10 (noted)||7/128[d 1]||26,440||1,200|
|Gold ore||300 (noted)||6/128||43,200||27,000|
|Onyx bolt tips||60||5/128||502,500||36,000|
|Magic logs||100 (noted)||5/128||91,700||19,200|
|Limpwurt root||25 (noted)||5/128||18,750||100|
|Red spiders' eggs||500 (noted)||3/128||209,000||2,000|
|Unicorn horn||100 (noted)||2/128||16,800||1,200|
|Grimy snapdragon||100 (noted)||1/128||881,700||1,200|
- 20 uncut rubies are dropped alongside 10 uncut diamonds.
Other[edit | edit source]
|Dark crab||8||10/128[d 1]||12,592||1,536|
|Super restore(4)||3||10/128[d 1]||34,173||540|
|Dark fishing bait||375||1/128||1,875||375|
|Palm tree seed||1||1/128||28,965||152|
- 3 super restore (4)'s drop alongside 8 dark crabs.
Tertiary[edit | edit source]
|Looting bag||1||1/3||Not sold||N/A|
|Brimstone key||1||1/50[d 1]||Not sold||N/A|
|Clue scroll (elite)||1||1/100; 1/50[d 3][d 2]||Not sold||12|
|Long bone||1||1/400||Not sold||3|
|Venenatis spiderling||1||1/2,000||Not sold||N/A|
|Curved bone||1||1/5,012.5||Not sold||4|
Wilderness Slayer tertiary[edit | edit source]
|Larran's key||1||1/50||Not sold||54|
Deadman mode[edit | edit source]
The following drops and rarities only apply to Deadman Mode.
|Saradomin brew(4)||1||1/3[d 1]||3,712||120|
|Saradomin brew(1)||1||1/3[d 1]||896||75|
- These items are only a tertiary drop in seasonal Deadman tournaments.
Combat Achievements[edit | edit source]
The following Combat Achievement tasks involve Venenatis.
|Venenatis Adept||Kill Venenatis 50 times.||Hard||Kill count|
|Venenatis Veteran||Kill Venenatis 100 times.||Elite||Kill count|
Changes[edit | edit source]
|30 July 2015
A game engine bug affecting the retaliation of ranging/maging NPCs has been fixed. In particular, this affects Venenatis and their behaviour when they have moved far from their spawn points, so it will make certain safespots considerably less effective, and will have similar effects on other NPCs with long-range attacks.
|19 March 2015
(update | poll)
Scorpia, Venenatis, Vet'ion and Callisto now have a very slim chance of dropping a pet version of themselves when killed.
|26 June 2014
(update | poll)
Treasonous ring added and other drop table improvements.
|20 March 2014
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- She was a player-suggested boss, which was adopted into the game after a substantial amount of positive forum feedback.
- The term Venenatis comes from the Latin "Venēnātis", which means "Venomous" or "Poisoned".
- If Venenatis is attacked while she is in a single-way area, she will only take 1-8 damage from the player's attacks regardless of their weapon. This is because her habitat is surrounded by a single-way area, and all of the Wilderness bosses (excluding demi-bosses) reside in multi-way areas. Players can still deal full damage to her while standing in the single-way area if she remains in a multi-way area.
- On release, the tree stump found south-east of the trees in 24 Wilderness was one square south than what it is now. This was changed in an update in order to prevent players safespotting Venenatis behind the trees. However, it can still be done, albeit with a lot more effort.
- If Venenatis is lured south near single-way combat and attacks a player with her multi-target Magic attack, any nearby players in the single-way combat zone already in combat with another entity will also be hit. This may be an oversight by Jagex.
- Venenatis' model is a recoloured version of Kalrag.