Venenatis is a large poison spider that resides east of the Bone Yard, and is the only monster to drop the treasonous ring. She uses multi-target Magic and long-ranged melee attacks. She is able to drain Prayer as well as perform a lethal stun attack that can hit up to 50 damage, and may combine it with another attack if the player does not have Protect from Magic active, which is capable of instantly killing the player. Unlike the other Wilderness bosses, Venenatis' lethal attack has a chance of failing.
Venenatis is immune to Magic damage, although spells with effects such as Vulnerability will still affect her.
Drop rates estimated based on 15,052 kills from the Old School RuneScape Wiki drop log project, unless otherwise cited.
|Uncut ruby||20 (noted)||7/128[d 1]||28,140||1,200|
|Uncut diamond||10 (noted)||7/128[d 1]||29,080||1,200|
|Gold ore||300 (noted)||6/128||109,200||27,000|
|Onyx bolt tips||60||5/128||496,320||36,000|
|Magic logs||100 (noted)||5/128||105,000||19,200|
|Limpwurt root||25 (noted)||5/128||20,275||100|
|Red spiders' eggs||500 (noted)||3/128||42,500||2,000|
|Unicorn horn||100 (noted)||2/128||24,900||1,200|
|Grimy snapdragon||100 (noted)||1/128||727,300||1,200|
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 20 uncut rubies are dropped alongside 10 uncut diamonds.
|Dark crab||8||10/128[d 1]||11,280||1,536|
|Super restore(4)||3||10/128[d 1]||26,373||540|
|Dark fishing bait||375||1/128||1,125||375|
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 3 super restore (4)'s drop alongside 8 dark crabs.
- She was a player-suggested boss, which was adopted into the game after a substantial amount of positive forum feedback.
- The term Venenatis comes from the Latin "Venēnātis", which means "Venomous" or "Poisoned".
- If Venenatis is attacked while she is in a single-way area, she will only take 1-8 damage from the player's attacks regardless of their weapon. This is because her habitat is surrounded by a single-way area, and all of the Wilderness bosses (excluding demi-bosses) reside in multi-way areas. Players can still deal full damage to her while standing in the single-way area if she remains in a multi-way area.
- On release, the tree stump found south-east of the trees in 24 Wilderness was one square south than what it is now. This was changed in an update in order to prevent players safespotting Venenatis behind the trees. However, it can still be done, albeit with a lot more effort.
- If Venenatis is lured south near single-way combat and attacks a player with her multi-target Magic attack, any nearby players in the single-way combat zone already in combat with another entity will also be hit. This may be an oversight by Jagex.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 9 Jun 2017. (Archived from the original on 2019-02-19.) Mod Ash: "I've re-run the numbers. Looks like 1/171 for all three of them. But the dragon 2h is 1/256 from them all."
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Envision. "Drop Rates V2." RuneScape Forums.
- ↑ Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 7 June 2017. (Archived from the original on 25 Mar 2019.) Mod Ash: "It's calculated off the HP: 1 in (155 - (HP/2)) There's none with HP over 300, but it'd disregard values higher than that."
- ↑ Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 14 March 2018. (Archived from the original on 5 June 2019.) Mod Ash: "For nastier bosses (e.g. Callisto) it's 1/30. For other things it scales between 1/320 and 1/80 as the NPC's HP scales from 0 to 300."
- ↑ Jagex. Mod Kieren's Twitter account. 16 January 2019. Mod Kieren: "It follows a curve up until level 100 then scales linearly between those 2 values upto level 350 combat. Creatures over thsi will cap at 1/50. "
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 29 Feb 2016. (Archived from the original on 25 Mar 2019.) Mod Ash: "All creatures with big bones use the same rates: 1/400 for the long bone, 1/5k for the curvy one."