Lady Verzik Vitur is a vampyre who rules over Ver Sinhaza. She is the hostess as well as the final boss of the Theatre of Blood, and currently the strongest monster in Old School RuneScape.
Verzik Vitur was the head of the Vitur family on the vampyre homeworld of Vampyrium, and arrived on Gielinor alongside many other vampyres during the Second Age brought by Zaros, who the vampyres refer to as the "Stranger from Afar". Before her departure, she had domesticated a large number of nylocas, which she brought with her to Gielinor. Verzik was fond of culture and collecting, amongst her prized artefacts were the Scythe of Vitur, a most valuable weapon and heirloom of the ancient and revered founder of House Vitur, and the Ghrazi rapier, which she inherited from her father. She supposedly took a role in the military of the Zarosian Empire as she was granted an Avernic defender during her service.
Lady Vitur was on good terms with the Drakan family, especially with Lowerniel Drakan, and continued supporting them even after Drakan's participating in Zamorak's rebellion against Zaros.
During Lowerniel Drakan's conquest of Hallowvale, Verzik worked with Ranis Drakan, capturing a Saradominist Justiciar and tortured him for several days. The Justiciar revealed a secret tunnel underneath the royal castle, which allowed Lowerniel's forces to capture King Ascertes. Although Vanescula believed that Lowerniel did not like having the war end so early, he nonetheless rewarded Verzik with Efaritay's castle. She also collected the armour of the fallen Saradominist soldiers and kept them in her treasury. Verzik would later oversee a massive renovation of the castle, which then became known as Ver Sinhaza.
Due to her fondness of "playing" with her food, she often demanded entertainment on the spot from her vampyre soldiers. She eventually became bored of this and had the Theatre of Blood constructed, where powerful creatures would be placed inside for challengers to fight under the pretense of freedom from blood tithes should they prevail. Although some challengers may have prevailed against her lineup of creatures, she personally finished off those who made it to her.
She assisted Lowerniel Drakan once again during the Misthalin - Morytania War during the Fourth Age, when Drakan launched an attack on the kingdom west of the River Salve. Although the kingdom of Misthalin was victorious and the Seven Priestly Warriors managed to establish a blessing on the River Salve making it impossible for vampyres to cross, Lord Drakan rewarded Verzik for her support by giving her the Sanguinesti Staff, which he had crafted himself.
She created an extensive breeding program for her nylocas, which resulted in three new types of Nylocas: Athanatos, Matomenos and Vasilias. One of these Nylocas bit her, which granted her new abilities but also made her obese and vulnerable to non-silver weaponry. She complained of a sickness, prompting the doctor Vulcan Orvoros to pay a visit. Although he helped her, he discovered the symptoms had returned and tried to persuade her to visit his office in Darkmeyer, but she refused. She likely had him killed shortly afterwards.
After opening the Theatre of Blood to all, Verzik encountered a particular set of outside humans that bested all creatures within and eventually made it to her. Although she was impressed with their skills and thoroughly entertained by their performance, she stated that she couldn't let them leave and attempted to kill them. Despite her best efforts (including the use of her vampyre-nylocas form), the group proved to be too strong, and Verzik was forced to flee, transforming into a bat, much to her apparent embarrassment. Despite this, she eventually returned to see more challengers, even if they were the same ones who could best her in battle.
Verzik makes a small appearance in A Taste of Hope, where she gives Vanstrom Klause and Ranis Drakan an Abomination to help them hunt down The Myreque.
To initiate the fight, a player must first talk to Verzik Vitur.
She will have 3 phases:
- During phase 1, players in the raid must take it in turn to use the Dawnbringer's special attack in order to harm Verzik. Any other weapon will have a much lower chance of hitting and will also be capped on damage. It is mandatory to hide behind a pillar, as failing to do so can result in fatal damage. Pillars will also collapse after several attacks and deal heavy damage to anyone next to them when it collapses.
- After phase 1 is complete, Verzik will leave her throne and fly to the middle of the room, collapsing all remaining pillars in the room. Players next to her have a chance of being bodyslammed away which stuns them, and she also tosses out bombs at the players' positions which deal heavy damage if they are not avoided. She can summon multiple Nylocas, including Nylocas Athanatos which will heal her and can be removed by attacking them once with a poisoned weapon to inflict a heavy poison hit before despawning. The common Nylocas will follow a player and explode if they reach their target for heavy damage, but will also explode after a set amount of time. As her health lowers, she will start using blood spells to heal her and periodically summon two Nylocas Matomenos which she will kill off if they persist too long, and heal her for the amount of health they had left. During the first three seconds after she summons them, any damage inflicted will heal her instead.
Verzik Vitur transforms into a spider hybrid.
- After phase 2 is complete, Verzik's true form will be shown, a half spider, half vampyre. She is now mobile and uses all three forms of combat, her ranged attack consisting of barbs and her magic a single blue projectile. These are considered to be her "Auto" attacks. She now has four special attacks. The first she will summon common Nylocas during the fight like in the previous phase, and uses new abilities. She can charge up a powerful attack, creating "safespots" which players can stand on to protect them from this attack. Each "safespot" only works for one player, so they cannot stand on the same tile to protect themselves. She can also go to the centre of the room and fling webs around the chamber, binding players if they are stuck on them. Trapped players can be set free by having other players attack the web, which has 10 health. Otherwise, they will be freed after a set amount of time but take heavy damage in the process. She can also launch a green projectile which must be bounced between every player of the team or the player who is targeted will take heavy damage. The order of these attacks are in a set order. The first round of special attacks is Nylos, followed by webs, safe spots, and green projectile. There are four "auto" attacks between each special attack. When she reaches 20% of her health, she will summon a purple magical tornado for each player in the room, which will constantly follow them. If they are hit by the tornado, they will take damage equal to 50% of their current health, healing and empowering Verzik in the process. The tornado will also heal Verzik if a player dies to another attack.
|16 May 2019
A bug where Verzik would target a dead player was fixed.
- "Vérzik" directly translates to "bleeding" in Hungarian.
- The concept of Verzik Vitur was inspired by the character Ursula from Disney's 1989 animated film The Little Mermaid.