"Vet" redirects here. For other uses, see Veteran
Vet'ion (pronounced "VET-ee-un") is a skeletal champion that resides north of the Bone Yard and south of Lava Dragon Isle, and he is the only monster to drop the ring of the gods. Like other bosses in the Wilderness, he can also drop the dragon pickaxe.
Vet'ion has two forms: the (purple) regular form and the (orange) reborn form. After he is defeated in his first form, he will go to his second form. His stats or abilities do not change between forms. If he is not killed within five minutes in his second form, he will revert to his first form with the same hit points. If he reverts after his hellhounds have been killed, the player(s) will not have to kill them a second time.
Unlike the other Wilderness bosses, Vet'ion's lethal attack has a cooldown and as such cannot be used in quick succession.
Vet'ion is highly resistant to any combat style other than crush, and as he is undead, he is susceptible to Salve amulet and its enhanced version. He is immune to magic damage, but spells with effects such as Vulnerability still work on him.
Vet'ion primarily uses a melee that can target players up to three tiles away from him. He also frequently uses an unblockable but avoidable magical attack that launches three lightning bolts, one at the targeted player and two randomly somewhere nearby. Lastly, he sometimes uses an earthquake attack that can hit all players nearby for up to 45, which cannot be avoided or blocked.
When he reaches half health, he will summon two level 214 Skeleton Hellhounds to aid him. On the second form, they are level 281 Greater Skeleton Hellhounds instead. Similar to Vet'ion, they are weak to crush and Salve amulet, and they only attack with melee. The hellhounds must be killed as Vet'ion is immune to damage if they are alive.
Vet'ion will exclaim several quotes throughout the fight:
- "Kill, my pets!" (when summoning Skeleton Hellhounds)
- "Do it again!!" (when his first form is defeated)
- "Bahh! Go, Dogs!!" (when summoning Greater Skeleton Hellhounds)
|Rune 2h sword||1||Rare||37,933||38,400|
|Dragon 2h sword||1||1/256||132,931||132,000|
|Ring of the gods||1||1/512||19,910,535||30,000|
|Limpwurt root||25 (noted)||Common||19,625||100|
|Uncut ruby||20 (noted)||Common||28,120||1,200|
|Uncut diamond||10 (noted)||Common||30,020||1,200|
|Magic logs||100 (noted)||Uncommon||98,800||19,200|
|Gold ore||300 (noted)||Uncommon||93,900||27,000|
|Dragon bones||100 (noted)||Uncommon||224,000||9,600|
|Oak plank||300 (noted)||Uncommon||128,100||45,000|
|Mort myre fungus||200 (noted)||Rare||112,600||0|
|Grimy ranarr weed||100 (noted)||1/128||774,900||1,800|
|Ogre coffin key||10 (noted)||Common||15,840||600|
|Dark fishing bait||375||Rare||1,125||375|
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 9 Jun 2017. (Archived from the original on 2019-02-19.) Mod Ash: "I've re-run the numbers. Looks like 1/171 for all three of them. But the dragon 2h is 1/256 from them all."
- ↑ Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 7 June 2017. (Archived from the original on 25 Mar 2019.) Mod Ash: "It's calculated off the HP: 1 in (155 - (HP/2)) There's none with HP over 300, but it'd disregard values higher than that."
- ↑ Envision. "Drop Rates V2." RuneScape Forums.
- ↑ Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 14 March 2018. (Archived from the original on 5 June 2019.) Mod Ash: "For nastier bosses (e.g. Callisto) it's 1/30. For other things it scales between 1/320 and 1/80 as the NPC's HP scales from 0 to 300."
- ↑ Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 19 July 2019. (Archived from the original on 19 July 2019.) Mod Ash: "NPC combat levels 81-350+: 1 in (50 + number scaled linearly between 99 at level 81 and 50 at level 350)"
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 29 Feb 2016. (Archived from the original on 25 Mar 2019.) Mod Ash: "All creatures with big bones use the same rates: 1/400 for the long bone, 1/5k for the curvy one."