The Virtus mask is a part of the Virtus robes set that is worn in the head slot, requiring level 80 in Magic and Defence to wear. One of the proposed rewards from Nex, it is only available from the tournament supplies table in a tournament world as a test armour for players. As a Zarosian item, it will grant god protection towards Zarosian NPCs in the God Wars Dungeon.
Each piece of Virtus robes give a 3% magic damage bonus towards Ancient Magicks spells, while wearing the full set grants buffs to each of the four spell types:
- Smoke spells reduce the target's healing by 30% whilst poisoned.
- Shadow spells lowers the target's Strength, Ranged, Magic, and Defence levels (in addition to Attack).
- Blood spells can heal up to 20% over the user's base Hitpoints.
- Ice spells have a 10% accuracy bonus towards an immobilised target.
Virtus robes was one of the original rewards from Nex upon its release in RuneScape. Compared to Old School RuneScape's version of the Virtus mask, the original had several differences:
- Having the robes equipped made all factions in the God Wars Dungeon unaggressive, rather than just Zarosian NPCs.
- The robes did not a magic damage bonus for Ancient Magicks spells, nor did it have a passive effect.
- The robes required level 80 Hitpoints in addition to Magic and Defence.
- The mask boosted Hitpoints by a 66 life points, equal to 6.6 Hitpoints.
- The robes degraded, lasting for 15 hours of combat. When fully degraded, the base repair costs for the mask was 500,000 coins.
- The mask had the following bonuses: