The Volatile nightmare staff is a staff requiring level 75 Magic and 50 Hitpoints to wield. It is only available from the tournament supplies table in a tournament world as a test weapon for players. It is one of the proposed rewards for Nightmare of Ashihama, which is pending a poll. It can autocast offensive standard spells as well as Ancient Magicks.
A player performing the volatile nightmare staff's special attack, Immolate
The volatile nightmare staff has a special attack, Immolate, that consumes 55% of the player's special attack energy to hit the target with 50% increased accuracy and dealing a high amount of damage.
The base damage for Immolate is scaled based on the player's Magic level, ranging from 50 at level 75 to 66 at level 99, which can be increased with magic damage boosting items. At level 99, the maximum possible hit is 82, or 93 while on a Slayer task.
As the weapon is being tested, the special attack animation uses the animation of Flames of Zamorak as a placeholder.
|5 December 2019
- The staff now has an additional requirement of 50 Hitpoints to wield.
- The amount of special attack energy required for Invocate has been increased from 50% to 55%.
- Invocate's animation was updated; the wielder now uses a unique attack animation, rather than the attack animation used when casting Ancient Magicks.
- The idle animation when wielding the staff has been changed, with the chain now slightly swinging about.
|29 November 2019
|Hotfix The following changes were made:
- The base damage for Immolate now scales based on the player's Magic level rather than a flat 58 base damage.
- Immolate now hits two ticks after it is cast. To accommodate this change, Immolate's animation was updated to no longer have a projectile; previously, it used the projectile animation of Vorkath's fatal dragonfire attack.