A canoe is a small boat that players can make to access faster transportation on the River Lum. Building canoes require the Woodcutting skill, and like other Woodcutting interactions, building the boat is faster with higher tier axes. At every canoe station there is an NPC to teach you how to make a canoe.
Canoes will stay on a station if left until you log out. Making a canoe at another station will clear any previously left canoes while teleporting does not.
Locations[edit | edit source]
There are 6 canoe stations where you can either travel to or from, provided that you have an axe which you have the required Woodcutting level to use in your inventory.
- Lumbridge, Barfy Bill is at this canoe station.
- Champions' Guild, Tarquin is at this canoe station.
- Barbarian Village, Sigurd is at this canoe station.
- Edgeville, Hari is at this canoe station.
- Ferox Enclave, Marten is at this canoe station. Requires a waka canoe to travel to.
- The Wilderness, just south-east of the Lava Maze. Requires a waka canoe to travel to. There is no station there, so it is impossible to use a canoe to sail back down the river.
Types of canoes[edit | edit source]
Four different kinds of canoes can be made:
|12||A Log||30||It will take you one stop along the River Lum. Cannot be used to travel to the Wilderness.|
|27||A Dugout||60||It can take you up to two stops along the River Lum. Cannot be used to travel to the Wilderness.|
|42||A Stable Dugout||90||It can take you up to three stops along the River Lum. Cannot be used to travel to the Wilderness.|
|57||A Waka||150||It can take you unlimited stops along the River Lum. The only canoe that can travel into the Wilderness.|
Update history[edit | edit source]
|16 July 2020
Ferox Enclave canoe station is now available. It can be travelled to only using a waka canoe.
|31 May 2013
(update | poll)
Canoes are now F2P features and can be used on worlds with F2P-style restrictions.
|22 February 2013
This content was included when the Old School RuneScape servers officially launched.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- "Waka" is the Māori word for canoe, or vessel. This word can by interpretation mean a spiritual vessel, or plain transportation. Waka canoes are used in New Zealand predominately. Further, the Old School RuneScape sprite resembles a waka canoe.