Wall safes are found in the Rogues' Den, which can be cracked with 50 Thieving. Successfully cracking a safe grants the player 70 Thieving experience and loot in the form of coins or uncut gems. If the player fails to crack a safe, a trap will spring and deal damage to them. The chance of getting loot is increased if the player has 50 Agility and has a stethoscope in their inventory. There are four wall safes in total.
Cracking[edit | edit source]
When failing to crack the safe, the player will trigger a trap, hitting them for up to 6 damage. Higher Agility levels reduce the damage a player receives for a failed attempt at cracking a safe. After being hit, the player can right-click to "Search" the floor underneath them which reduces the chance of the trap activating on the next attempt at the cost of reducing your Thieving level by 1 temporarily (1 minute).
It is recommended to have some cheap food, e.g. jug of wine to heal with. A bank is located nearby. There is also an everlasting fire nearby, so the player can bring raw food and cook it or buy cooked food from other players who are training Cooking at this location.
The wall safe resets in only a few seconds, making this activity a very fast way to level up. This activity can grant up to 1,500 experience per minute, or 90k experience per hour, assuming no failures; realistically it is usually significantly less (around 20k/h).
Players with 99 Thieving will notice a significantly higher success rates than players with lower levels (up to 93% success rate).
Loot[edit | edit source]
Loot rates[edit | edit source]
Based on a sample of 229 attempts at level 52 Thieving
- Unsuccessful -(84x) - 36.7%
- Successful (145x) - 63.3 % (100%)
- Coins (111x) - 48.47% (76.55%)
- Uncut sapphire (20x) - 8.73% (13.79%)
- Uncut emerald (11x) - 4.8% (7.59%)
- Uncut ruby (3x) - 1.31% (2.06%)
Based on a sample of 333 attempts at level 53 Thieving
- Unsuccessful (127x) - 38.13%
- Successful (206x) -61.86% (100%)
- Coins (163x) - 48.95% (79.13%)
- Uncut sapphire (18x) - 5.4% (8.74%)
- Uncut emerald (13x) - 3.9% (6.31%)
- Uncut ruby (9x) - 2.7% (4.37%)
- Uncut Diamond (3x) - 0.9% (1.46%)
Based on a sample of 1656 attempts at level 92 Thieving
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- On release, wall safe cracking was not mentioned in the Skill Advance Guide. It was added later in an update.