|Released||17 October 2005 (Update)|
|Quest series||Temple Knight|
|Lead developer(s)||James B|
Wanted! is the second quest in the Temple Knight series. Due to an oversight during your recruitment to the Temple Knights, you must now hunt down an extremely dangerous wizard and mass murderer named Solus Dellagar.
- 1 Details
- 2 Walkthrough
- 3 Rewards
- 4 Required for completing
- 5 Trivia
- 6 Knight Rankings
Details[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Begin by speaking to Sir Tiffy Cashien in Falador Park.|
|Description||A wanted man is on the loose. Can you track him down?|
|Enemies to defeat|
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Getting started[edit | edit source]
To begin the quest, speak with Sir Tiffy Cashien in the Falador Park. Ask if he has any jobs for you, and he lets you know that a clerk has made an error and that you're not actually permitted to be a Temple Knight. It turns out you have to work as a squire for five years. Because this will take too long, Sir Tiffy offers an alternative by exploiting a loophole. He'll then ask you to go see Sir Amik Varze in the White Knights' Castle.
Sir Amik Varze[edit | edit source]
- Note: If wearing Initiate armour during the chat with Sir Amik Varze, the dialogue will be different, but you may still go through the quest without it.
Speak to Sir Amik Varze by going up 2 flights of stairs, on the west side in the White Knights' Castle in Falador. He will ask you to become a squire after a small conversation. Decline his offer, and the conversation will continue. If you do not decline his offer to become a squire, he will ask for Asgarnian ale in an endless loop. Speak to Sir Tiffy Cashien to undo this.
It turns out that there needs to be a crisis for you to become a deputy, but there is no current crisis. Report back to Sir Tiffy in the Falador Park. For some players, Sir Tiffy will not say anything about a crisis until you have spoken to him a few times. Eventually, Sir Tiffy will inform you of a crisis that has arisen. Head back to talk to Sir Amik again.
Sir Amik will tell you the news that a criminal named Solus Dellagar, the "infamous murder-mage," is back. Sir Amik mentions they have been unable to capture Solus Dellagar due to his powers and, to only kill Solus Dellagar as a last resort. Join the White Knights, and accept the mission to pursue Solus Dellagar.
The Communication Orb[edit | edit source]
Items Needed: 10,000 coins or 1 law rune, 1 molten glass, and 1 enchanted gem
Once again, go back to Sir Tiffy Cashien. It turns out you're just the "agent" that needs to locate Solus Dellagar. As an agent, you need to be in constant communication. Sir Tiffy offers you a communication device for 10,000 coins, or he can make one if you bring the supplies. Give Sir Tiffy the money or the supplies (a law rune, an enchanted gem and molten glass). Either way, you'll receive a Commorb from him. It is needed for the whole quest.
Use the "contact" feature on the orb to talk to Savant. It turns out that you should investigate the Black Knight Hideout in Taverley Dungeon, and investigate the Mage of Zamorak in Varrock that is interested in Runecraft.
Taverley Dungeon[edit | edit source]
Recommended: Teleport method to Falador.
Next, head over to the Taverley Dungeon.
- From the west bank in Falador, you can use the Agility shortcut (level 5 Agility required), and keep heading north-west towards Taverley until you see a ladder.
- Use the ladder and follow the dungeon
Warning: The black knights are aggressive if you are under 67 combat; you can stand on the north-western corner of the room to hop worlds if you want to avoid them.
Continue through the double doors, and talk to Lord Daquarius in the south-western-most room. He tells you nothing. Savant will call you. (Use the contact option on the Commorb if she doesn't call automatically.) She advises you to try to bluff him into giving you something. Go kill a level 33 Black Knight to make Lord Daquarius give in and beg you not to kill any more of his men. He tells you that Solus Dellagar is in a place with a lot of fur, but that the fur is not from a bear.
- Note: The Black Knight kill won't count if you kill it before talking to Lord Daquarius, if you leave the room after the kill, or if you get interrupted during the ensuing conversation.
Zamorak Mage[edit | edit source]
Items needed: The Commorb and 20 unnoted rune essence.
Note: Do not equip any Saradomin or Guthix items (such as Void Knight equipment) or the Zamorak Mage will refuse to speak with you. In addition, if you have talked to the Zamorak Mage within the wilderness prior you can go straight to the Chaos Altar in Varrock.
Warning: The Wilderness is a dangerous place, proceed with caution and only bring items you are willing to lose.
If you haven't done the Abyss miniquest, bank all your items and follow the river between Edgeville and the Grand Exchange into the Wilderness to find the Mage of Zamorak. He will then tell you to meet him "somewhere" in Varrock, which is the Chaos Altar in the temple in south-east Varrock. Grab 20 unnoted rune/pure essence from the bank and head to the Chaos Altar.
If you have completed the miniquest, go directly to the Chaos Altar with 20 unnoted rune essence. (Note: He will not take Pure Essence Stating: "I will not haggle with you on my price." if you try and take him Pure Essence.)
Talk to him about Solus Dellagar, and make sure you do not wear anything of Guthix or Saradomin (including Void). The Zamorak Mage wants your orb in return for information, but Savant explains that it would be useless to him. He offers to trade his information for 20 rune essence instead. Talk to him again with the unnoted essence. The mage gives your character the tip that Solus went east. Your character connects "east" with the previous tip, "fur," and realises that Solus must be in Canifis with the werewolves.
Canifis[edit | edit source]
Either run to Canifis or, if you have completed Ghosts Ahoy, grab your Ectophial from the bank to teleport to Port Phasmatys and run from there. Alternatively, you teleport to the Slayer Tower using a Slayer ring and run south, or use the fairy ring code cks, or using Fenkenstrain's castle teleport tab to get nearby.
Once in Canifis, enter the bank and Savant will call you and tell you in a lengthy conversation that Solus is probably using a unique "slow teleport", which makes him invisible. If you accidentally keep running and skip the conversation with Savant, step outside the town back to the fairy ring and the conversation will trigger again. Now, use the "scan" option on your Commorb as you walk around the town until you uncover Solus Dellagar. Solus briefly appears, speaks with you, and disappears.
Chasing Solus[edit | edit source]
Savant then calls and finds that she is able to pull items off of Solus as he escapes. These items give the player a clue as to Solus' next whereabouts. From this point on, the player will be chasing Solus throughout RuneScape, and each time Solus is found, he will leave behind an item. That item is a hint for where to go next. There are seven locations in total, and each location is random, except for the Champions' Guild, the Dorgesh-Kaan Mine, and the Rune essence mine, which are always the second, fifth, and seventh locations, respectively. The items received for the first, third, fourth, and sixth locations are always random. Listed below are all of the items that may be received, as well as the location they point to.
Predetermined items[edit | edit source]
These items always appear in a predetermined order.
- Blue cape - Inside Champions' Guild. This location is always the second location. Solus will cast a Smoke Barrage spell on the player, disorienting them but neither dealing damage nor inflicting poison.
- Bone spear - Dorgesh-Kaan mine - A light source is required. The player should follow Kazgar to the mines (not the water mill) then scan for Solus. This location is always the fifth location. A woman will appear, claiming to be taken hostage by Solus. However, the woman turns out to be Solus himself, who will sucker punch the player and leave (via moonwalk). Note that you do not need to finish The Lost Tribe in order to complete this step. You only need to progress far enough in The Lost Tribe to clear the rubble in the Lumbridge castle basement and proceed through the tunnel behind it.
- Rune/pure essence (20 noted) - Rune essence mines. This is the final location; Solus will be fought here.
Random items[edit | edit source]
These items appear in a random order, and vary from player to player.
|Fremennik purple cloak||It's... a cloak?||Rellekka|
|Banana||It's...a banana?||Musa Point banana plantation|
|Blue wizard hat||It's...a wizard hat?||Wizards' Tower south of Draynor Village, ground floor[UK]1st floor[US] library|
|Bone spear||It's... a very strange weapon?||Dorgesh-Kaan mine - Bring a light source, and follow the goblin to the mines and Nardok's Bone Weapons in order to scan for Solus. You do not need to finish The Lost Tribe in order to complete this step. You only need to progress far enough in The Lost Tribe to clear the rubble in the Lumbridge castle basement and proceed through the tunnel behind it.|
|Bear fur||It's... fur?||Ardougne Market|
|Blue cape||It's a cape...||Champions' Guild - you need to be inside the guild before you scan your Commorb in order for Solus to appear|
|Cake||It's... a cake?||Ardougne Market|
|Castle wars ticket||It's... a ticket?||Castle Wars|
|Cream hat||It's... a hat?||The Grand Tree, next to King Narode Shareen (not by the clothing store that sells the hat).|
|Earmuffs||It's... ear muffs?||Canifis Slayer Tower|
|Right eye patch||It's... an eye patch?||Brimhaven pub|
|Fake beard||It's...a fake beard?||Ali Morrisane's stall in Al Kharid|
|Fremennik cloak||It's... a cloak?||Rellekka|
|Fur||It's... fur?||Ardougne Market|
|Giant frog legs||It's... some big frogs legs?||Lumbridge Swamp Caves - Bring a light source, a spiny helmet, and if it is your first time entering, a rope. Head to the end of the caves near the level 99 frogs.|
Using the Tears of Guthix teleport from a games necklace, running north and entering the cave is a quick way to get there.
|Goblin mail||It's... goblin armour?||Goblin Village|
|Greenman's ale||It's a beer?||Dragon Inn (Yanille)|
|Red vine worm||It's... a worm?||McGrubor's Wood (fairy ring als)|
|It's some kind of highly magically susceptible rock...||Rune Essence mine|
|Toy horsey||It's... a toy horse?||Draynor Village, near Diango|
|Unholy symbol||It's... an unholy symbol!||Shrine of Scorpius, north of the Observatory with all the ghosts. A quick way there is using Spirit Tree to the Tree Gnome Village.|
Solus Dellagar will also react based on which scan location out of seven the player is at.
- If it is the second scan location, Solus will forcibly teleport the player to Camelot.
- If it is the fourth scan location, Solus will attempt to personally ward the player off with a particularly strong cast of Flames of Zamorak. The damage he deals is equal to a percentage of the player's current Hitpoints total. At level 99 Hitpoints with maximum boosts it will deal up to 96 damage, 111 damage when the player has 121 Hitpoints when boosted with an Anglerfish. The damage he deals is typeless, meaning protection prayers have no effect on it. However, no matter how much damage it inflicts, it will never kill the player as Savant will protect them and teleport them back to Falador, in the White Knights' Castle with all items intact.
- If it is the sixth scan location (the one before the Rune essence mine), Solus will summon a level 32 Black Knight in an attempt to take the player out. Armour and a weapon should be brought. It is not necessary to kill the Black Knight; you can simply run away.
Confronting Solus[edit | edit source]
The final clue will be 20 noted pure/rune essence. Bank and equip a weapon and armour for the final fight. Use any rune essence teleport spot you want, and Savant will close off possible teleports in order to trap him. After a small cutscene, Savant will summon 15 rangers to assist you, but Solus kills them all with Ice Barrage.
Go attack Solus yourself and kill him, and you'll get his hat. He's fairly easy as he has been weakened after using such a powerful attack on the Temple Knight rangers. He has no specific Combat level, has 40 Hitpoints and only uses a weak, but fairly rapid melee attack. After the fight, Savant congratulates you. You are returned to the rune essence teleport location. If you lose Solus's hat, contact Savant for another one. You will lose Solus's hat if your inventory is full at the end of the fight.
Finishing[edit | edit source]
Congratulations! Quest complete!
Rewards[edit | edit source]
Required for completing[edit | edit source]
Wanted! is directly required for the following quests/miniquests:
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- If you are wearing Initiate armour when you talk to Sir Amik Varze about quitting the Temple Knights, he will point it out and your character will boast about getting to keep "the cool armour".
- When speaking to Sir Tiffy Cashien after becoming a deputy, he describes Solus as "quite, quite mad." This is likely a reference to the episode Quarantine from the BBC sitcom Red Dwarf.
- If you already have the supplies to make the Commorb yourself, your character will say that you have the necessary materials before told what is needed.
- Savant mentions that the Mage of Zamorak is responsible for the destruction of the Wizards' Tower.
- The quote "Dead or Alive, You're coming with me" that your character says before being blasted by Solus' spell, is likely a reference to the film 'RoboCop'.
- Before spawning a Black Knight to fight you, Solus quotes: ''Say hello to my little friend!'', a reference to the film 'Scarface'.
- When you get the bone spear as one of your teleport items, Savant used to say "I have never heard of them" when you mention the Dorgeshuun goblins. This references the quest "The Lost Tribe" because the goblins had been in hiding since the God Wars. After the September 2017 update, Savant will instead ask the player if they have ever heard of "a group of goblins that have been around since Fossil Island was abandoned".
- When you get the bone spear the player will speak as if they know of the Dorgeshuun goblins even if you have not started "The Lost Tribe" quest.
- A "savant" is a person who is a knowledgeable expert on a subject. It is also French for "knowing."
Knight Rankings[edit | edit source]
In order to increase your ranking, you must kill a certain number of Black Knights. You start off as a Novice at 100 kills, and as you kill more knights, you'll grow in your rank. Killing Black Knights on a free-to-play server will raise your knight ranking.
- Novice - 100 Black Knights
- Peon - 200 Black Knights
- Page - 300 Black Knights
- Noble - 500 Black Knights
- Adept - 800 Black Knights
- Master - 1,300 Black Knights
The White Knight Armoury[edit | edit source]
With the completion of this quest, you'll have access to an entirely new type of armour: White armour!
|Novice||100||White chainbody • White platelegs|
|Peon||200||White dagger • White sword|
|Page||300||White med helm • White plateskirt • White sq shield|
|Noble||500||White mace • White magic staff • White longsword|
|Adept||800||White full helm • White platebody • White kiteshield • White boots • White gloves|
|Master||1300||White 2h sword • White halberd • White scimitar • White warhammer • White battleaxe • White claws|