War of the Five Houses
|War of the Five Houses|
|Date||Late Fourth Age|
|Outcome||Crowning of King Kharedst I|
The War of the Five Houses was a civil war in Great Kourend near the end of the Fourth Age in the 121st - 123rd decade of Kourend's timeline. Despite the name, Arceuus never participated in the war.
During the 120th decade, King Agata IV was overthrown by the leaders of the five Houses,  presumably due to his mismanagement of the kingdom that left it ravaged by famine. With no one next in line to the throne, an alliance between the Lovakengj and Piscarilius House formed to murder Lord Shayzien, which was short lived as the two houses began to fight one another. Meanwhile, the Hosidius House began to mobilise their forces, and Lord Trobin Arceuus has begun to reinforce the defences of Arceuus, not wishing to participate in the civil war.
Though the exact casualties are not known, the Hosidius House suffered massive casualties compared to the other Houses. In addition, structures that were known to have been destroyed include Shayzia, once a castle belonging to the Shayzien House, and Forthos, the former seat of the Hosidius House.
While the war was seen by some as a petty squabble and a war of pride between the Houses, the war ultimately lasted for twenty years. After the war ended, King Kharedst I took the throne of Great Kourend.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Sergeant Ricardo. Old School RuneScape. "Apparently they [Arceuus] didn't even properly fight in the War of the Five Houses. Still, I guess 'War of the Four Houses while House Arceuus watched' isn't as catchy a name."
- ^ "Shayzia military orders". Old School RuneScape. "... all five of the leaders had agreed to the plan to depose the gluttonous King Agata IV."
- ^ Jonathan. Postbag 27: "A fatherly Dad and some bloody insights". 4. Old School RuneScape Postbags from the Hedge. Jagex. "King Agata IV's mismanagement left the kingdom ravaged by famine..."
- ^ "Shayzia military orders". Old School RuneScape. "It is with a heavy heart I must inform you of a great tragedy to befall our house. Lord Shayzien is dead. Murdered by a cowardly alliance between Lord Lovakengj and Lady Piscarilius."
- ^ "Shayzia military orders". Old School RuneScape. "The Lovakengj alliance with Lady Piscarilius was thankfully short lived, and there has been significant fighting between the two armies."
- ^ "Shayzia military orders". Old School RuneScape. "Meanwhile, Lady Hosidius has already rallied her forces as well, though it is unclear where her allegiances lie at this point."
- ^ "Shayzia military orders". Old School RuneScape. "Lord Arceuus has returned to Arceuus and reinforced the city. It seems he has no desire to participate in this conflict, but I suspect he will soon be given no choice."
- ^ Jonathan. Postbag 27: "A fatherly Dad and some bloody insights". 4. Old School RuneScape Postbags from the Hedge. Jagex. "Most young men and women were drafted into the houses' personal armies during the war, and Hosidius did not fare well."
- ^ Martin Holt. Old School RuneScape. "Forthos was the seat of the Hosidius family before it was destroyed in the War of the Five Houses."
- ^ "Bloody diary". Old School RuneScape. "The war started from some petty squabble between the lords and ladies of the five Houses, and I do not regret leaving at all."
- ^ "Rose's note". Old School RuneScape. "Find a great ruin that has withered and died. A seat of power, lost in a war of pride."
|Battles in Misthalin|
|Battles in Asgarnia||
|Battles in Kandarin and the Fremennik Province||
|Battles in Morytania|
|Battles in Forinthry and the Wilderness|
|Battles in the Kharidian Desert|
|Battles in Tirannwn|
|Battles in Kourend||