|Examine||This huge web blocks your path.|
A web or spiderweb is a barrier found in some poorly-maintained corridors, especially those found underground. Spiderwebs may be found in several places: east of the deadly red spiders in Varrock Sewers; in the Yanille Agility dungeon; in the dark room within the Temple of Ikov that contains the boots of lightness; in the deep Wilderness at the Deserted Keep suspended between two dead trees, as well as in and around the Mage Arena.
To pass through a spiderweb, players can wield a blade (such as an axe or a bladed weapon like a longsword) to slash it. Alternatively, player can right-click the weapon or knife in their inventory and use it on the web to pass through. This will not always be successful, but failure does not have any particular consequences except that the player will need to try again. The chances for success are as follows:
- 100% for any tier of Wilderness sword or a weapon with a slash bonus of at least +100
- 50% for slashing swords and knives
- 20% for weapons with a slash bonus of at least +1
- The chance for weapons with a slash bonus of +20 to +99 is scaled based on the slash bonus
Locations[edit | edit source]
|Eastern Wilderness Ruins||3||Maplink|
|Temple of Ikov||1||Maplink|
|Entrance to Yanille Agility dungeon||4||Maplink|
|Kruk's Dungeon, 1st floor[UK]2nd floor[US]||25||Maplink|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- You can cut through webs using a broken weapon such as a Guthan's warspear.
- Although the last web in front of Sarachnis' lair has an option to peek, peeking gives a message as if you used a listen option instead. This message also does not end with a full stop. "You listen and hear no adventurers inside the crypt"
Changes[edit | edit source]
|28 October 2020
Non-weapon items with a positive slash attack bonus, such as amulets, can no longer be used to cut webs.
|22 August 2019
Any weapon with a slash bonus now has a chance to slash through a web, with the success rate depending on the weapon's slash bonus. No weapon's chance to slash through webs has been decreased by this change.
|20 August 2015
Spider webs on ceilings will no longer distort at certain camera angles.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 22 August 2019. Archived from the original on 12 January 2021. Mod Ash: "For those who like to know the rates of things, here's the new chances of slashing webs now that you can do it with any weapon that's got a slash accuracy bonus:"