|Examine||This huge web blocks your path.|
A web or spiderweb is a barrier found in some poorly-maintained corridors, especially those found underground. For example, there are spiderwebs just east of the deadly red spiders in Varrock Sewers, in the Mage Arena, at the Deserted Keep, in the Yanille Agility dungeon, and in the Temple of Ikov dark room that contains the boots of lightness.
To pass through a spiderweb, players can wield a blade (such as an axe or a bladed weapon like a longsword) to slash it. Alternatively, player can right-click the weapon or knife in their inventory and use it on the web to pass through. This will not always be successful, but failure does not have any particular consequences except that the player will need to try again. The chances for success are as follows:
- 100% for any tier of Wilderness sword or a weapon with a slash bonus of at least +100
- 50% for slashing swords and knives
- 20% for weapons with a slash bonus of at least +1
- The chance for weapons with a slash bonus of +20 to +99 is scaled based on the slash bonus
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- You can cut through webs using a broken weapon such as a Guthan's warspear.
Changes[edit | edit source]
|28 October 2020
Non-weapon items with a positive slash attack bonus, such as amulets, can no longer be used to cut webs.
|22 August 2019
Any weapon with a slash bonus now has a chance to slash through a web, with the success rate depending on the weapon's slash bonus. No weapon's chance to slash through webs has been decreased by this change.