Werewolf Agility Course
|Werewolf Agility Course|
|Released||31 January 2005 (Update)|
|Location on World Map|
|Canifis||←||Werewolf Agility Course||→||Haunted Woods|
The Werewolf Agility course is an Agility training area located near Canifis, available to players with level 60 Agility. Access to this course requires completion of Creature of Fenkenstrain. To access the Agility course, the player has to wear a ring of charos.
The Agility course rewards 730 Agility experience per completed lap. With an average time of 38 seconds per lap, it is possible to get upwards of 68,500 Agility experience per hour from this course. At lower Agility levels expect to get around 60,000-65,000 Agility experience per hour, depending on concentration levels.
Introduction[edit | edit source]
The Werewolf Agility Course requires level 60 Agility and completion of Creature of Fenkenstrain to access. The Agility course consists of five obstacles that players can pass in return for Agility experience. Some bonus experience can be rewarded at the end of the lap by collecting the stick while traversing the course and turning it in at the Agility Trainer. The deathslide is the only obstacle that can be failed by the player, which can hit over 30 damage. Players with higher Agility and Strength and lower weight have a higher success rate at passing this obstacle.
Upon logout, the player may be placed back at the entrance (through the trapdoor, not outside) and the stick will disappear from the inventory if the stick was previously obtained.
No marks of grace will spawn on this course.
Getting there[edit | edit source]
- Take the northeastern exit out of Canifis and run south.
- Walk west of fairy ring ALQ.
- Use Fenkenstrain's Castle Teleport (Arceuus spells) and run south
Strategies[edit | edit source]
Clothing[edit | edit source]
- Wear a ring of charos to access the course.
- Wear weight-reducing clothing to achieve a weight of 0 kg or lower. This results in a lower run energy depletion rate. The success rate of the deathslide is also affected by the player's weight, with a weight of 0 kg or lower giving the best chance of success - note however that the bonus caps out at 0kg. 
- No item may be worn in the head slot when attempting the deathslide.
- A regen bracelet plus a Hitpoints cape can prove useful (for 4 HP per minute regeneration), as it speeds up the Hitpoints regeneration rate.
Inventory[edit | edit source]
- Bring some food to restore lost Hitpoints from taking damage from failing Agility obstacles.
- Summer pies are recommended, since they are very lightweight and temporarily boosts the Agility stat with +5 levels.
- Bring enough Energy-restoring items for enough energy to constantly run around the course.
- At low Strength levels, super strength potions or the dragon battleaxe's special attack may be used to reduce the chance of failing the deathslide.
The course[edit | edit source]
|Stepping stone||50||First run to the tile directly in front of the first stepping stone, or else attempting to jump on the stepping stone will cause the character to stop running.
|Hurdle||60||While passing a hurdle, already click on the next hurdle before the animation is finished to save some time. Always take the middle path.|
|Pipe||15||After the hurdles, crawl through the pipe that is closest to the stick.|
|N/A||Stick||0||Pick up the stick. This requires an empty inventory slot. Without this this, the bonus at the end of the course will not be rewarded. It is not possible to have multiple sticks at once.
|Skull slope||25||Always climb the middle skull slope by clicking on the bottom of the middle slope.|
|200[d 1]||This is the only failable obstacle of the course. A fall can deal upwards of 30 damage and does NOT scale with Hitpoints, so players with low HP are at risk of death.|
This is one of the very few Agility obstacles where the player's weight does affect the success rate of the obstacle. A weight of 0 kg or lower gives the best chance of success.
|Bonus||380||Hand in the stick to the Agility Trainer for the bonus experience reward.
- The deathslide gives a variable amount of experience. The earlier you fall (if you fall) you will only receive 180, 160 or 140 experience per Death Slide, and the farther you go before you fall the larger the amount of experience gained.
Experience rates[edit | edit source]
Due to the success rate of the obstacles, the experience rates scale with the player's Agility level. At level 80 and higher expect to be able to complete a maximum of 94 laps per hour (~63.62 ticks per lap, assuming an even distribution of stick spawns), resulting in 68,600 Agility experience per hour.
At lower Agility levels expect to get up to 60,000 Agility experience per hour.
Changes[edit | edit source]
|17 January 2019
|Clicking on the Zip-line before climbing the slope in no longer allows the player to skip climbing the skull slope.|
|12 July 2018
(update | poll)
|The Werewolf Agility Course in Canifis now rewards players with twice the number of XP when handing in the stick. This sees the increase in Agility XP rise from 190 to 380.|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- When forgetting to pick up the stick, a Agility trainer may taunt the player about it when climbing the skull slope.
- The deathslide is the only agility obstacle that can do damage past the player's Hitpoints.
- The Agility boss' outfit may be modeled after the yellow jumpsuit made famous by Bruce Lee and the movie Kill Bill.
- [Possibly fixed:] The deathslide also contains a glitch that, if failed, the character might be seen falling into a black void. Log out and log back in (sometimes multiple times is required) to escape the void.
References[edit | edit source]
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 22 November 2018. (Archived from the original on 30 August 2019.) Mod Ash: "Below 0 it makes no further difference."
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 6 August 2019. (Archived from the original on 30 August 2019.) Mod Ash: "If your Agility and Strength are over 80 and your carried weight is under 2kg, it looks like the code will indeed do that."
|Rooftop Agility courses|