|Current leader||Sir Amik Varze|
|Headquarters||White Knights' Castle|
The White Knights are a famous order of knights based in Falador. They've been around for years, patrolling the White Knights' Castle in the centre of Falador. Their greatest adversaries are the Black Knights, and they stand against all evil.
The Temple Knights are an elite ally to the White Knights. Players can become a member of the Temple Knights by completing the Recruitment Drive quest. After the Wanted! quest, players can wear and obtain the White Knight equipment depending upon their ranking based upon the number of Black Knights killed.
The White Knights are levels 36/38/39/42 and they are non-aggressive. They can be seen wearing full White armour (no shield) and wielding White 2h swords. White Knights are popular for training with medium to high-level players.
The White Knights follow the path of Saradomin.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Most of the White Knights have names that are a play on words. For instance, there is "Sir Vyvin" (surviving), "Sir Renitee" (serenity), Sir Amik Varze" (ceramic vase), "Sir Vey Lance" (surveillance), "Sir Tiffy Cashien" (certification), "Sir Spishyus" (suspicious), "Sir Tinley" (certainly), and "Sir Culler Flife" (circle of life).
- Prospective members of the order are also often given a name that would form a play on words upon receiving the knighthood. Squire Vicks for example would become "Sir Vicks" (cervix), while Sir Tiffy's grandson, mentioned during the 2016 Birthday event, would be named "Sir Ebel Lum" (cerebellum).
- The rank of the White Knights can be determined by the colour of the plume on their helmet. An Initiate rank has a red plume, a proselyte rank has a yellow plume, an Acolyte rank has a green plume, and a Partisan rank has a blue plume.
- Sir Amik Varze is the leader of the White Knights.
- White Knight ranks can be gained even in non members worlds if you have completed the right quests in members before. (Most popular spot is Black Knights' Fortress west of Edgeville Monastery.)
Players as White Knights[edit | edit source]
After completing the Recruitment Drive quest, players become members of the Temple Knights, an ancient order with strong ties to the White Knights. Completion of the Wanted! quest gives the player access to White Knight equipment after obtaining a sufficient rank in the order. Players' ranks within the order are different from the ranks suggested by the various plume colours. This is because the ranks suggested by the plume colours are earned by completing quests given out by the Temple Knights, such as Slug Menace, and do not increase your reputation with the White Knights. Players gain in rank by killing Black Knights; however, killing White Knights lowers rank.
|Number of Black Knights killed||Player rank in White Knights|
|Fewer than 100||No rank|
|100 - 199||White Knight Novice|
|200 - 299||White Knight Peon|
|300 - 499||White Knight Page|
|500 - 799||White Knight Noble|
|800 - 1299||White Knight Adept|
|1,300+||White Knight Master|
Upon entering the order, the player is automatically a White Knight Novice and is credited with 100 black knight kills. Thereafter, every Black Knight that the player kills will add 1 to their kill count. Killing a white knight reduces the player's kill count by 1 and can result in the player being demoted in rank.
Players can check their rank upon clicking the Wanted! Quest journal, with wordings of "I am currently a (Rank) White Knight with a kill score of XXX."
When the player is promoted to a new rank, the game window displays the promotion: "Congratulations! You are now a White Knight (Rank)!" There is no announcement, however, for being demoted or being promoted again to a rank the player once held.
Knight rankings can be used to obtain White Knight equipment from Sir Vyvin at the White Knights' Castle in Falador. Each piece of equipment requires a specific knight ranking to buy, but not to wear. Pieces of white knight equipment can be sold back to Sir Vyvin at the same price as they were bought at. When compared to the armour of White Knight NPCs, this equipment has less shine, and the NPC's armour appears to have a black trim on it.
Note: If you kill enough White Knights and have been demoted to "no rank", Sir Vyvin will refuse to sell anything to you.
Notable members[edit | edit source]
White Knights ranks[edit | edit source]
There are different levels of knights all throughout the White Knights' Castle, all with different corresponding ranks.
See also[edit | edit source]