Who Is the King Now? is a hard combat achievement which requires the player to "Kill The King Black Dragon 10 times in a private instance without leaving the instance."
This task is non-trivial to complete with a standard setup; even maxed, it requires luck to complete this task without being worn down before ten kills are completed. Because of this, you may wish to make the following adjustments:
- Thralls will provide damage that bypasses the King Black Dragon's exceptional defense, allowing for relatively faster kills and less time tanking breath attacks. It is recommended to only bring exactly as many runes as you need (10-15 casts worth) to minimize risk. This consumes four inventory slots that could otherwise be used for food, however.
- Because you are constantly taking damage, a Ring of suffering may provide better DPS than any other ring you can choose for similar reasons as thralls, along with providing significant prayer bonus. It will require considering the risk, however.
- Praying Rapid heal will generate additional health, though not much (Likely equivalent to one unit of food over the entire trip). A Bracelet of regeneration can assist further, but depending on what items you are protecting, it may not be worth the loss of DPS.
- If you have a friend or an alt who can scout for you, you may be able to bring more powerful gear that goes beyond four risked items. This, under no circumstances, guarantees your safety, however, especially if you are forced to make multiple trips to try again after a failure. If you fail after an attempt, always hop to a different world to make tracking you more difficult.
- Bringing a Blood fury instead of an Amulet of torture will almost guarantee success. If the blood fury is one of your three/four protected items, it will not lose its charges upon death, even in PvP.
- Onyx bolts (e) or Onyx dragon bolts (e) will match the level of sustain offered by the Blood fury for melee. This will become extremely expensive (though less than the upfront investment into the Blood fury if you don't already have one) and poses tremendous monetary risk on the pass-through of the wilderness, however.