Wilderness Agility Course
|Wilderness Agility Course|
|Released||28 January 2003 (Update)|
The Agility course rewards 571.4 Agility experience per completed lap. With an average time of 40 seconds per lap, it is possible to get upwards of 47,500 Agility experience per hour from this course. At lower Agility levels expect to get around 40,000 Agility experience per hour, depending on concentration levels.
Introduction[edit | edit source]
The Wilderness Agility Course requires level 52 Agility to access. However, this level is only needed to access the course through the gates; the minimum level requirement of the obstacles is level 49. Therefore it is a popular method to access this course by using a temporary skill boost to access the course starting at level 47, since the experience per hour at this course is far superior to other courses available to these players. The Agility course consists of five obstacles that players can pass in return for Agility experience. If all obstacles are passed in the correct order, some bonus experience is rewarded at the end of the lap. Some of the obstacles can be failed by the player, resulting in damage. Failed obstacles have to be tried again before going for the next obstacle, in order to become eligible for the bonus experience at the end of the lap. Players with higher Agility have a higher success rate at passing the obstacles, however even at level 99 it is still possible to fail an obstacle.
Since this Agility course is located deep in the Wilderness, ranging from level 50 to 56, it is possible to come across player killers while training there. Additionally, there are two level 25 skeletons roaming the Agility course that will attack any player near them.
Getting there[edit | edit source]
There are several different methods for travelling to the Wilderness Agility Course. The best options, in order of fastest to slowest, are:
- Teleport to the Frozen Waste Plateau by casting the Ice Plateau Teleport spell. This spell is on the Lunar spellbook and requires level 89 Magic and completion of Lunar Diplomacy to cast. Run east from here.
- Teleport to the Frozen Waste Plateau by casting the Ghorrock Teleport spell. This spell is on the Ancient spellbook and requires level 96 Magic and completion of Desert Treasure to cast. Run north-west from here, go through the gates and then run south-east.
- Alternatively, use the Ghorrock teleport to bypass the Magic level requirement.
- Teleport to the Wilderness obelisk in level 44 Wilderness. Run north-west from here, go through the gates and then run east.
- Teleport to the Lava Maze using a burning amulet. Run north-west from here, go through the gates and then run east.
- Teleport using the Edgeville teleport lever to teleport to the Deserted Keep. From here, run north and cut the web. Then run west. Bring a knife or any slash weapon to cut the net.
Strategies[edit | edit source]
Clothing[edit | edit source]
- Wear weight-reducing clothing to achieve a weight of 0 kg or lower. This results in a lower run energy depletion rate.
- Note that this course is located in the Wilderness, don't take items you are not prepared to lose.
- Optionally, bring armour and weaponry to combat any player killers.
Inventory[edit | edit source]
- Bring some food to restore lost Hitpoints from taking damage from failing Agility obstacles.
- Bring enough Energy-restoring items for enough energy to constantly run around the course.
- Optionally, bring runes or tablets to cast Bones to Peaches, as there are bones spawns in the Wilderness Agility Course Dungeon beneath the Agility course.
The course[edit | edit source]
|Obstacle pipe||12.5||Cannot be failed. Requires 49 Agility.|
|Ropeswing||20||Can be failed, which will send the player down to the dungeon below.
If the ropeswing obstacle is failed, it must be re-attempted and completed to receive the course completion experience.
|Stepping stone||20||Can be failed, players will not be sent down. You can only fail on the third stone. 21.6% of remaining Hitpoints will be deducted.|
|Log balance||20||Can be failed, which will send the player down a level. You will fail only at the beginning of the log. If you go past the starting point, you will not fail.|
|Rocks||498.9[d 1]||Used to finish the course and get the bonus; cannot be failed.|
- 498.9 experience is only rewarded if the player completed all other obstacles on the course. When this obstacle is passed without completing all other obstacles, 0 Agility experience is rewarded.
Experience rates[edit | edit source]
Due to the success rate of the obstacles, the experience rates scale with the player's Agility level. Theoretically, a maximum of 89 laps could be completed per hour (67 ticks per lap), resulting in 50,800 Agility experience per hour.
Due to obstacles being failable even at level 99 Agility, expect to achieve a maximum of around 47,500 Agility experience per hour at higher Agility levels.
At lower Agility levels expect to get around 40,000 Agility experience per hour.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Teleport to Target spell can be used to enter the Agility course without having the required Agility level, if the player's target is inside the gate. However, the required Agility level of 49 is still required to complete the course.
|Rooftop Agility courses|