Wilderness Wars was an eSports tournament held at the Insomnia61 Gaming Festival on August 26th 2017. As well as the tournament, the Old School RuneScape team had an official stand at the event where players could play the game at the stand.
Tournament[edit | edit source]
Wilderness Wars was first announced on XXth of X 2017. It was the first time that content creators got to decide who would be playing in an Old School RuneScape tournament. Most creators, known as 'Generals', in this Wilderness 'army' themed tournament, chose well-known clans and player-killers to aid them to victory.
Wilderness Wars was created to test new tournament styles, along with the All Stars: PvP Championship that took place in November 2018, and to some extents it succeeded. Despite being watched on Twitch by only XX,XXX instead of Deadman's 70-100,000 average, it had great feedback from the community and from the content creators themselves.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
- Teams were 50 players in size
- Teams started at a random location in the Wilderness (see maps)
- Each team was headed up by 5 content creators, known as Generals, these were; B0aty, MMORPGRS, Sick Nerd, Torvesta and Knightenator
- The remaining 49 players were made up of players chosen by the Generals
- These mostly consisted of player-killers, PK clans, and friends.
Prize Pool[edit | edit source]
Feedback[edit | edit source]
The event was streamed on the RuneScape official Twitch channel, about a year before the creation of the official Old School RuneScape Twitch Channel.
Event Presence[edit | edit source]
To promote the event, a Recruiter was added to the game on the 17th of August 2017.
References[edit | edit source]
- Insomnia61's Official Website (webpage).*