|Released||25 March 2002 (Update)|
|Examine||These trees are found near water.|
|Object ID||? (edit)|
Woodcutting info[edit | edit source]
|Woodcutting XP||67.5 xp|
|Respawn time||8.4 seconds|
Tree locations[edit | edit source]
Mechanics[edit | edit source]
Willows have a 1 in 8 chance of depleting when receiving a log, and a respawn time of 8 seconds. A roll to receive a log is done every 4 game ticks when chopping. The chance to successfully chop is affected by the axe used and Woodcutting level, better axes and a higher woodcutting level increases the likelihood of successfully receiving a log. For willow trees using a dragon axe, players have a (theoretical) 24% chance at level 1 and a 73% chance at level 99. When using a rune axe, players have a (theoretical) 22% chance at level 1 and a 69% chance at 99.
Cut chance[edit | edit source]
Farming[edit | edit source]
With level 30 farming, Willow seeds may be grown into a Willow tree, which gives willow logs when cut down. Checking on a fully grown and healthy Willow tree will give 1,456.5 Farming experience. It takes 4 hours and 40 minutes to grow. When cut down, the tree will automatically regrow after a period of time. Alternatively, it can be dug up using a spade, yielding some willow roots in the process. A player may also pay one basket of apples to a nearby farmer to guarantee its growth.
Lore[edit | edit source]
There are several mentions of willows by people around Gielinor as well as in books. The following text is transcluded from Gielinor's flora - trees. The information found within the book is more often than not just flavour text, and does not reflect their properties or uses within the game itself.
Found across the temperate zones of Gielinor, willow trees can be found near almost any body of water. The willow has myriad of uses such as basket, furniture and toys. The willow is particularly useful in medicine as when chewed, the bark of the tree can treat a myriad of illnesses such as fever and inflammation, An enchanting story revolving around willows, is the tale of the willows which can be found in Great Kourend. Although found across the kingdom, they are in fact not native. A well-known legend amongst the people of Hosidius is the story of Alexander the Poet. Alexanders[sic] beautiful writings of all things botanical won the favour of the then Duchess of Lumbridge. She was so smitten by his writings that she requested them sent immediately across the sea as soon as the ink had dried upon the parchment. In return for his writing, Alexander was granted a request and asked for what seemed to all to be a humble gift, that of a single willow twig. The Duchess complied and sent the twig with all haste to Kourend where the learned Alexander planted the twig. Legend has it that all of the Kourend's willows are descended from this first one.
Additional drops[edit | edit source]
- Beaver - Willows have a chance to drop the beaver Woodcutting pet. At level 30 Woodcutting there is a 1 in 288,536 chance to receive the beaver and a 1 in 286,811 chance at level 99.
- Bird Nest – There is 1 in 256 chance to drop from willows. The bird nest will be dropped on the ground and will despawn after 30 second if not picked up. The Bird nest will be given in place of logs.
- Clue nest – Willows can drop all clue nests. At level 30 Woodcutting there is an approximately 1 in 2225 chance to receive an easy-elite clue nest and a 1 in 1453 chance at level 99. Beginner clue nests have a universal 1 in 1000 chance to be dropped.
References[edit | edit source]
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 16 February 2019. (Archived from the original on 30 May 2020.) Mod Ash: "Different axes have different chances on different trees at different WC levels. As I mentioned, there doesn't seem to be a fixed pattern, and I'm not available to get you all the numbers involved."
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 7 February 2017. (Archived from the original on 30 May 2020.) Mod Ash: "About 73% per roll, assuming you're on a dragon axe or equivalent."
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 16 July 2016. (Archived from the original on 30 May 2020.) Mod Ash: "24% at level 1, 73% at level 99. A rune one would have been 22% -> 69%."