Wine of zamorak
|Wine of zamorak|
|Released||27 February 2002 (Update)|
|Examine||An evil wine for an evil god.|
|High alch||0 coins|
|Low alch||0 coins|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Exchange||1,750 coins (info)|
Wine of Zamorak is a Herblore secondary ingredient. It can be found on both floors of Asgarnia's Chaos Temple and the Chaos Temple southwest of the Chaos Fanatic in level 38 Wilderness, in which both locations have their wine respawn approximately every 28 seconds. It can also be found at the end of the Deep Wilderness Dungeon, where it respawns every three seconds.
Wine of Zamorak cannot be consumed, but is used as a secondary ingredient in creating ranging potions and bastion potions. The Bloody grimoire states that the wine is incredibly unholy but has a sweet taste that makes it easily addictive. It is possible that the wine is used in the making of Bloody bracers, as they have a similar side effect upon drinking.
Obtaining[edit | edit source]
There are two ways to take the Wine of Zamorak:
- Casting Telekinetic Grab (Requiring 1 air rune, 1 law rune and 33 Magic). The player will be dealt damage and Attack, Strength, Defence, Ranged and Magic stats slightly drained. On the ground floor[?] the monks will become aggressive to the caster.
- At Asgarnia's Chaos Temple, you may physically take it while all of the monks are dead; however the damage and stat-draining effects will still occur. The monks respawn after 150 seconds.
Telekinetic Grab is by far the more popular method for obtaining the Wine of Zamorak, as it is possible at both locations, the monks don't have to all be killed, and the wine is worth more than the cost of runes for Tele-grab.
Considerations[edit | edit source]
Players who have completed the hard Wilderness Diary will receive Wines of Zamorak in noted form from the Wilderness Chaos Temple. The temple is in a multi-combat area and is a frequent player killing spot due to the altar in the temple.
Since the wine takes about 20 seconds to spawn, other tasks such as using High Alchemy on a noted item or finishing unfinished bolts can be done at the same time, possibly making this method rich in money as well as experience.
A looting bag can be useful for collecting wine in both locations. Players obtaining wine in the non-Wilderness Temple can walk a short distance to the Wilderness north and enter level 1 Wilderness to deposit the wine in the bag, then proceed back to the Temple and gather more. If using this method, do not bring items you are not willing to lose.
Travel[edit | edit source]
Players who gather the wine for herblore or profit can access a bank by:
- Taking the shortcut to Burthorpe located behind the temple (Requires completion of easy Falador Diary), and running to the bank in the Rogues' Den. (Recommended)
- Walking to the Falador West Bank
- Teleporting to any bank through such methods as Ring of Dueling or Amulet of Glory
- No teleport methods will work above level 30 Wilderness
Players can get back to the temple by:
- Walking back
- Using a Goblin Village Sphere (from Oldak, requiring Another Slice of HAM) to teleport to Goblin Village and walking from there.
- Using the Mind Altar Teleport from the Arceuus Spellbook to teleport to the Mind Altar and walking from there.
Drop sources[edit | edit source]
|Balfrug Kreeyath||151||5–10 (noted)||8/127|
|Chaos Fanatic||202||10 (noted)||Common|
|Greater Nechryael||200||3 (noted)||Uncommon|
|Kalphite Queen||333||60 (noted)||10/128|
|Reward casket (elite)||N/A||25 (noted)||Common|
|Reward casket (master)||N/A||25 (noted)||Common|
|Reward casket (master)||N/A||35–50 (noted)||1/30.3|
|The Mimic||186||25 (noted)||Common|
|Theatre of Blood||N/A||27–57||Uncommon|
|Tstanon Karlak||145||5–10 (noted)||8/127|
|Werewolf (human form)||1||Rare|
|Zakl'n Gritch||142||5–10 (noted)||8/127|
|Zamorak mage||82; 84||1||Very rare|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- "Zamorak" is not capitalised in the item name despite it being a god's name. This is because all items in Old School RuneScape use ucfirst capitalisation, wherein the first letter of a string is capitalised, but the rest is not.
- On release, a wine of Zamorak did not spawn in the Wilderness temple. This was added with an update on 2 March 2017.