Wise Old Man (2014 April Fools)
|Wise Old Man|
|Released||1 April 2014 (Update)|
|Removal||3 April 2014 (Update)|
|Quest NPC||2014 April Fools|
|Examine||A venerable and rich sage.|
The Wise Old Man was seen during the 2014 April Fools event. During the event, players could sail from Draynor Village to an island in the Eastern Lands. The Wise Old Man was one of several NPCs who could appear on the island. He would either be wearing normal attire or beachwear. Upon arrival, the normally dressed version would say the following phrases while waving:
- I got wisdom, who could ask for anything more?
- Free wisdom, no waiting!
- Fear my wisdom!
- Get yer wisdom here!
The beachwear version would say the following phrases while dancing:
- Ahhh, feel the fresh breeze!
- This old man's playing knick-knack!
- I'm pretty buff under those robes!
- Hic senex, ludavit unum!
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The phrase "Hic senex, ludavit unum" is Latin for "This old man, he played one", a reference to the nursery rhyme "This Old Man".