|Released||20 September 2006 (Update)|
|Inhabitants||Sea slugs, Humans|
|Music||The Mollusc Menace|
|Location on World Map|
Witchaven is a small village east of Ardougne. A once bustling hive of industry, the village is now a run down ghost town due to the Fishing Platform stealing away local business. It provides access to the Fishing Platform and features heavily in the Sea Slug and Slug Menace quests. It is also a notable fishing spot.
Travel[edit | edit source]
The nearest teleport is Ardougne, to the west. The Legends' Guild is just to the north, and you can access the Fishing Platform by talking to Holgart or Jeb, depending on which quests you have completed.
Players with 72 Thieving can also steal from the Ardougne Castle chest, triggering "a second magical trap" on the chest and being instantly teleported to the Witchaven Dungeon entrance west of the village. Players with access to fairy rings can use the code BLR to teleport directly north of the Witchhaven Dungeon (Legend's Guild).
Notable features[edit | edit source]
Fishing Shop[edit | edit source]
Other notes[edit | edit source]
- Most of the villagers are in league with Mother Mallum, and those that do have very yellowish skin.
- In one of the houses, you can find both Kennith and Kent who you help during the Sea Slug quest.
- There is an altar, spinning wheel and water sources available in the town.
- North of the town are several willow trees.
- The Pillars of Zanash, which surround the Witchaven Dungeon entrance.
Citizens[edit | edit source]
- Mayor Eustace Hobb - The mayor of Witchaven.
- Colonel Jake O'Niall - A retired Temple Knight who has a key role in Slug Menace. Partway through the quest, he becomes a slave of Mallum and disappears (along with Mayor Hobb and Maledict).
- Brother Maledict - The Saradominist priest of the town, and owner of the majestic cathedral.
- Ezekial Lovecraft - Owner of the fishing store.
- Caroline - Her husband and child have gone missing on the Fishing Platform, and she is getting worried.
- Holgart - Takes people on rides to the Fishing Platform.
- Jeb Wormwood - After Holgart's boat is confiscated by the mayor, Jeb now owns his boat and takes players to the Platform.
Music unlocked[edit | edit source]
- The Mollusc Menace - Witchaven
- Escape - Dungeon entrance
- Slug a Bug Ball - Shrine dungeon (with the lobsters)
Quests[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
The village resembles references to the fictional village of Innsmouth from the horror story 'The Shadow over Innsmouth', by H. P. Lovecraft; further referenced by the fishing shop owner Ezekial Lovecraft
References[edit | edit source]
|Locations and scenery|