Jump to navigation Jump to search
Witchwood trees are an extinct species of tree whose wood possesses magical properties.
Uses[edit | edit source]
Witchwood can be used to replace lost body parts, as it fuses to the body upon addition. The host can then control the wood as though it were an actual part of the body. A rare modern example of this can be seen in the zombie pirate 50% Luke, who lost half of his body in an incident at sea. Additionally, if the witchwood breaks, it will grow back.
Witchwood has also been used by the Slayer Masters, who have used it to construct witchwood icons. These pendants are needed when killing Cave horrors in the Mos Le'Harmless Caves. Because the black masks they wear make the howls they emit magical, a witchwood icon is required to resist their magic.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Witchwood gives Operation Witchwood its name, a plan hatched by Captain Braindeath and Davey to get rid of Captain Donnie and his crew.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ 1.0 1.1 50% Luke in Rum Deal. Old School RuneScape.
- 50% Luke: [...] all my thrashin' and pained squealin' settled the matter in the Captain's mind, and he had the shipwright carve me half a body out of his Witchwood Planks.
- Player: Witchwood? What's that?
- 50% Luke: Tis a special, magical wood from a now extinct tree. Once they nailed it all in place the stuff moves like it is part of me body. The stuff will also grow back if it breaks, which is dead handy!
- ^ Cavey Davey. Old School RuneScape. "Well, ye see them Jungle Horrors? Well down in the caves there be Cave Horrors. They are bigger, badder, meaner, and have a howl that freezes the blood in yer veins. Wearin' earmuffs or a helmet won't work, cos them masks they weear make the sound magical. Only thing that works is wearin' a Witchwood Icon."
- ^ Davey in Rum Deal. Old School RuneScape.
- Player: What's Operation Witchwood?
- Davey: It's a plan the Captain and I hatched to get rid of Donnie and his crew. It's named that because we need to get past 50% Luke, but he won't let us.