Wyson the gardener

From Old School RuneScape Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Wyson the gardener chathead.png

Wyson the gardener is a gardener in the Falador Park. You can buy woad leaves from him, which you can give to Aggie in Draynor Village to make blue dye.

Wyson will send players off to kill the Giant Mole underneath the park. He will take players' mole skins and mole claws in exchange for bird nests which may contain seeds or jewellery, with a higher chance of containing high-level Allotment and Herb seeds than other nests. Players will receive nest boxes when exchanging noted mole parts.

Woad leaves[edit | edit source]

You can buy woad leaves from Wyson through a dialogue. He will ask what price you want to offer for one leaf. If you offer 20 coins, he will give you 2 woad leaves in return for being so generous. This is a better deal than the other option, which is 15 coins for 1 woad leaf.

ItemPrice
sold at
GE
price
Woad leaf 5.pngWoad leafCoins 5.png 15Coins 25.png 64
Woad leaf 5.png2 × Woad leafCoins 5.png 20Coins 25.png 64

Mole parts[edit | edit source]

Wyson will exchange mole skins and mole claws for a random selection of bird nests. Each skin and claw is exchanged for 1 nest, which is randomly either a Wyson seed nest, ring nest, or empty nest. Wyson will accept noted skins and claws, and will reward nest boxes if there isn't enough room in the inventory to hold all the nests.

For each random roll, there is a 8% chance for an empty nest, 72% for seeds, and 20% for rings. Instead of performing the rolls individually, the sample is divided into fairly large chunks and a roll is performed for each chunk. This is done to prevent large samples from overloading the server.[1]

Item Quantity Rarity Price High Alch
Bird nest (Wyson).png: Wyson the gardener drops Bird nest (Wyson) with rarity 72/100 in quantity 1Bird nest (Wyson)172/100Not sold271
Bird nest (ring).png: Wyson the gardener drops Bird nest (ring) with rarity 20/100 in quantity 1Bird nest (ring)120/100Not sold271
Bird nest (empty).png: Wyson the gardener drops Bird nest (empty) with rarity 8/100 in quantity 1Bird nest (empty)18/1003,079271
Nest box (seeds).png: Wyson the gardener drops Nest box (seeds) with rarity Varies in quantity 1Nest box (seeds)1Varies[d 1]Not soldN/A
Nest box (ring).png: Wyson the gardener drops Nest box (ring) with rarity Varies in quantity 1Nest box (ring)1Varies[d 1]Not soldN/A
Nest box (empty).png: Wyson the gardener drops Nest box (empty) with rarity Varies in quantity 1Nest box (empty)1Varies[d 1]Not soldN/A
  1. 1.0 1.1 1.2 Nest boxes are provided if the inventory is too full to hold all the nests. The number of nests stored in each box depends on how many skins and claws were traded.


Treasure Trails[edit | edit source]

  • Wyson the gardener is the solution to the elite cryptic clue: Speak to a Wyse man.

Dialogue[edit | edit source]

Gallery (historical)[edit | edit source]

Changes[edit | edit source]

Date Changes
17 January 2019
(update)

Seed boxes obtained from Wyson were fixed to include the new seeds from a prior update.

18 February 2016
(update)

Nests received from Wyson now provide more valuable seeds.

2 October 2014
(update | poll)

Wyson now accepts noted mole parts, exchanging them for nest boxes containing the equivalent amount of bird nests.

See also[edit | edit source]

References[edit | edit source]

  1. Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 25 October 2019. (Archived from the original on 14 July 2021.) Mod Ash: "For each random roll, it's 8% empty, 72% seeds, 20% ring."