|Xeric's talisman (inert)|
|Released||7 January 2016 (Update)|
|High alch||210 coins|
|Low alch||140 coins|
|Store price||Not sold|
|A dormant relic of the ancient times of Kourend.|
Xeric's talisman is an amulet once owned by Xeric, an evil mage who formerly ruled Great Kourend during the Age of Strife nearly 1,030 years ago. It is obtained as a rare drop from lizardmen, brutes, and shamans. It may also be obtained by stealing from Stone chests
The talisman can teleport players throughout various locations in Great Kourend, including the following locations:
- Xeric's Look out (Shayzien, south of the Infirmary)
- Xeric's Glade (Hosidius, by the magic trees north of Logava Gricoller's Cooking Supplies)
- Xeric's Inferno (Lovakengj, by the lovakite furnace south of the blast mine)
- Xeric's Heart (Kourend Castle, next to the statue. Unlocked upon completion of Architectural Alliance.)
- Xeric's Honour (Mount Quidamortem. Unlocked upon using an ancient tablet on the talisman.)
Each teleport consumes one of the talisman's charges. The talisman is charged with lizardman fangs, with each fang providing one charge. The talisman can hold a maximum of 1,000 charges. The charges can be removed whenever a player wishes to do so by selecting the Uncharge option on the charged talisman. The talisman itself can also be dismantled, providing 100 lizardman fangs.
It is possible to obtain multiple talismans. However, the charges are not shared between the amulets; thus, they do not stack in the bank.
At level 72 Construction (boosts such as the Crystal saw work), the Xeric's talisman can be mounted in a player's Portal Nexus room within their player-owned house. This requires an inert Xeric's talisman, 1 mahogany plank, 1 gold leaf and 5,000 lizardman fangs. While mounted, the talisman provides unlimited teleport charges.
Dropping monsters[edit | edit source]
Monster Combat level Quantity Rarity Lizardman 53; 62 1 Rare (1/250) Lizardman brute 73 1 Rare (1/250) Lizardman shaman 150 1 Rare (1/250)
History[edit | edit source]
|12 January 2017 (update)||Xeric's Honour teleport was added.|
|26 July 2018 (update)||The teleport animation was changed from the default to a unique one.|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Xeric's talisman can be dismantled by using a pet rock on it, resulting in a message saying "You bash the talisman with the rock, smashing it into fang-like shards.".