|Released||23 October 2002 (Update)|
|Also called||Wizard town|
|Teleports||House Teleport (if house is in Yanille), Watchtower Teleport (with completion of the Watchtower quest)|
|Location on World Map|
- 1 Travel
- 2 Notable features
- 3 Inhabitants
- 4 Quests
- 5 Music
- 6 Changes
- 7 See also
Travel[edit | edit source]
- Minigame teleport to Nightmare Zone
- To the north lies the Fight Arena, the Tree Gnome Village, a Monastery, Port Khazard, Nightmare Zone and (further north) East Ardougne
- To the south lies the Ogre City of Gu'Tanoth
- To the west is Castle Wars.
- To the east is a small archipelago inhabited by a gnome named Hazelmere.
- To the north-west is the Watchtower (cast Watchtower Teleport, level 58 Magic required)
- To the north-west is Tree Gnome Village (spirit tree).
- To the north-west is a fairy ring teleport, CIQ.
- To the east is a fairy ring teleport, CLS.
- Inside the city is a house portal, which can be reached with a House Teleport spell or tablet if your player-owned house is located in Yanille.
- A yanille tablet (made from using a scroll of redirection on a house tablet) can be used to teleport to the Yanille house portal, even if your house is located elsewhere.
Notable features[edit | edit source]
Bank[edit | edit source]
There is a bank in eastern Yanille.
Wizards' Guild[edit | edit source]
The Wizards' Guild requires 66 Magic to enter. Players who enter the guild can buy runes and mystic robes, mine rune essence, and range or mage captured zombies. The guild also contains three portals to other magical places around Gielinor.
The Wizards' Guild gives access to the closest rune essence mine to a bank in Old School RuneScape.
Aleck's Hunter Emporium.[edit | edit source]
Dragon Inn[edit | edit source]
Bert and the sandpit[edit | edit source]
Bert is the starting point for the Hand in the Sand quest. Once this is completed, players can ask Bert for 84 sand to be delivered to their bank every day. Players can use the Lunar spell NPC Contact to ask Bert for their sand without visiting Yanille, and he will automatically deliver it to players who have completed the elite Ardougne Diary.
There is also a sandpit to the west of Bert's hut, where you can collect sand in buckets for use in the Crafting skill.
He also has a range and a sink in his hut.
House portal[edit | edit source]
Players often move their house here because of the closeness to the bank and not having to use their servant to go to the bank for them.
Khazard mine[edit | edit source]
The mine is located north-east of the city. It is one of the closest mines to a bank, and provides excellent experience for miners wishing to get levels quickly. The following ores can be found at the mine:
- 1 coal rock
- 8 iron rocks
- 4 clay rocks
- 2 copper rocks
- 7 tin rocks
- 2 mithril rocks
Yanille Agility dungeon[edit | edit source]
There are two ways of entering the dungeon, either just north of the city by slashing a spider web with an edged weapon or knife, or by having 82 Thieving and entering the dungeon just south of the bank.
Watchtower[edit | edit source]
The watchtower is located just outside the north-west wall of Yanille. It is the start of the Watchtower quest, and the place you teleport into when you use the Watchtower Teleport spell. Players can find watchmen on the 1st floor[UK]2nd floor[US] who require 65 Thieving to pickpocket. They yield 60 coins or bread, and 137.5 experience per pickpocket.
Anvils[edit | edit source]
Cooking Shop[edit | edit source]
The cooking shop in Yanille sells several items, including:
- 5 pie dishes
- 2 apples
- 2 cake tins
- 2 bowls
- 5 potatoes
- 4 tinderboxes
- 1 jug
- 8 pots
- 2 chocolate bars
- 8 flour
- 20 empty cups
Hops patch[edit | edit source]
Eastern archipelago[edit | edit source]
The archipelago to the east of Yanille is home to many jungle spiders. Hazelmere, the gnome mage whom players must visit during The Grand Tree and The Eyes of Glouphrie quests and a regular customer of the Gnome Restaurant, may be found up a ladder here. There is also a fairy ring c•l•s.
Inhabitants[edit | edit source]
Non-player characters[edit | edit source]
- Wizards' Guild:
- Watchtower Wizard
- Watchtower wizards
- Colonel Radick
- Guard Captain
- Hazelmere - on the eastern archipelago
- Sithik Ints
Monsters[edit | edit source]
- Colonel Radick - between the gates at the west wall.
- Imps - just north-east of the city and inside the city
- Cows - just north of Yanille wall.
- Jungle spiders - on the archipelago to the east.
- Soldiers - all along the walls of Yanille, go up the stairs at the west gate.
- Tower guards - upstairs at the west gate.
- Unicorns - to the south of the wall.
- Watchmen - in the Watchtower.
- Dwarves- to the south of the city.
- Men - in guest house.
- Wizard - inside the Wizards' Guild
Quests[edit | edit source]
- The Hand in the Sand - Can be started east of the sandbox.
- Swan Song - Involves the Wizards' Guild.
- Wanted! - The Dragon Inn is the answer to the greenman's ale clue.
- Zogre Flesh Eaters - Involves the Wizards' Guild.
- Watchtower - Started just outside the north-west wall of Yanille.
Music[edit | edit source]
Changes[edit | edit source]
|17 January 2019
Some hills around Yanille have been made smoother.
|19 March 2015
Watchtower & Camelot POH Portals & teleport tablets now teleport you to the new teleport location if you have them set.
|23 January 2014
Routefinding at Yanille bank has been improved.
See also[edit | edit source]