|Released||25 March 2002 (Update)|
|Examine||Logs cut from a yew tree.|
|High alch||96 coins|
|Low alch||64 coins|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Exchange||226 coins (info)|
Yew logs are logs obtained from cutting yew trees, which require at least level 60 Woodcutting for players to cut. They give 175 experience when cut with an axe. Players can burn these logs with the Firemaking skill at level 60. They give 202.5 experience when burned.
Yew logs can also be made into bows, stock, and arrow shafts using the Fletching skill. When the log is cut into a Yew longbow (u) at level 70, it yields 75 experience. Cutting a Yew shortbow (u) at level 65, will give 67.5 experience. Stringing the unstrung bows will give the same experience as for cutting them.
One full inventory of yew logs gives exactly 4,900 Woodcutting experience. Yew tree locations are relatively few and scattered and also tend to be very crowded. Players would need to cut 72,919 yew logs to go from 60 to 99 Woodcutting. However, yew logs are obtained at a slow pace from 60 to 74. Yew logs are obtained at a decent rate starting from level 75 Woodcutting.
Experience from logs[edit | edit source]
- Each log gives 175 Woodcutting experience when cut (Woodcutting level 60 required). When wearing the full Lumberjack outfit, each log gives 179.5 experience when cut.
- Lighting a log gives 202.5 Firemaking experience (Firemaking level 60 required).
- Making 75 arrow shafts gives 25 Fletching experience (Fletching level 60 required).
- Making an unstrung yew shortbow gives 67.5 Fletching experience and 67.5 additional experience when adding bow string (Fletching level 65 required).
- Making an unstrung yew longbow gives 75 Fletching experience and 75 additional experience when adding bow string (Fletching level 70 required).
- Making a full yew stock gives 50 Fletching experience (Fletching level 69 required).
- Making a yew shield requires two logs and gives 150 Fletching experience, or 75 experience per log (Fletching level 72 required).
Drop sources[edit | edit source]
|Angry barbarian spirit||166||1||Common|
|Barrel (Viyeldi caves)||N/A||1–4 (noted)||Rare|
|Berserk barbarian spirit||166||1||Uncommon|
|Black key black||N/A||Unknown||Rare|
|Black key brown||N/A||Unknown||Rare|
|Black key crimson||N/A||Unknown||Rare|
|Black key purple||N/A||Unknown||Rare|
|Black key red||N/A||Unknown||Rare|
|Dagannoth Supreme||303||50–150 (noted)||5/128|
|Enraged barbarian spirit||166||1||Common|
|Ent||86; 101||2 (noted)||Varies|
|Ferocious barbarian spirit||166||1; 3||Uncommon|
|Giant Mole||230||100 (noted)||10/128|
|King Black Dragon||276||150 (noted)||10/128|
|Revenant cyclops||82||60–100 (noted)||1/75.63|
|Revenant dark beast||120||60–100 (noted)||1/44.17|
|Revenant demon||98||60–100 (noted)||1/62.47|
|Revenant dragon||135||60–100 (noted)||1/34.64|
|Revenant goblin||15||60–100 (noted)||1/616.65|
|Revenant hellhound||90||60–100 (noted)||1/68.42|
|Revenant hobgoblin||60||60–100 (noted)||1/129.01|
|Revenant imp||7||60–100 (noted)||1/1,079.63|
|Revenant knight||126||60–100 (noted)||1/37.99|
|Revenant ork||105||60–100 (noted)||1/51.82|
|Revenant pyrefiend||52||60–100 (noted)||1/145.98|
|Silver key black||N/A||5–10 (noted)||3/153|
|Silver key brown||N/A||5–10 (noted)||3/153|
|Silver key crimson||N/A||5–10 (noted)||3/153|
|Silver key purple||N/A||5–10 (noted)||3/153|
|Silver key red||N/A||5–10 (noted)||3/153|
|Supply crate||N/A||10–49 (noted)||Uncommon|
|Swamp Crab||55||1||Very rare|
Yew logs and the economy[edit | edit source]
Yew logs are usually in high demand from players who are trying to train Fletching. The value of yew logs is mainly driven by the High Alchemy value of Yew longbow (768 Coins), which will pay almost completely for the yew log and the Nature rune needed to alchemise them. These logs are also currently the highest level of logs available to Free-to-play players and as such, cutting them can be a good way to make money as a free-to-play player.
Many players consider yew logs to be the best way to make money with Woodcutting. Although magic logs are worth more per log, they are much slower to obtain than yew logs. At 99 Woodcutting, a player can look to easily gain over 400 yew logs per hour.