|Also known as||The Scourge, Father of Invention, Lord of Chaos, The Dark Lord, God of Dark Fire|
Zamorak (colloquially known as Zammy) is the personification and god of Chaos, and one of three major gods alongside Guthix and Saradomin. Though he did not shape the world as much as Guthix, Zamorak did sow chaos in the orderly world as envisioned by Saradomin. Many Saradominists describe Zamorak and his works as "evil".
History[edit | edit source]
Zamorak was once a mortal Mahjarrat. He was a general in the army of the god Zaros, until deciding to rebel. While his close followers (including Hazeel, Drakan, Zemouregal, and Viggora) fought off Zaros' bodyguards, Zamorak stabbed Zaros with the Staff of Armadyl. This sent Zaros into a blind rage.
Zaros successfully retaliated and was ready to deliver the final death blow to Zamorak. However, he tripped, causing the Staff of Armadyl to impale Zamorak as well as himself. This caused Zaros' power to flow into Zamorak. Zaros faded out of the dimension while cursing all involved in the revolt to be invisible ghosts for the rest of eternity.
Zamorak only grew more powerful, although he did not become a god until a short time later.
Zamorak signed his 'Postbag from the Hedge' letters "Strength through Chaos".
Followers of Zamorak[edit | edit source]
- Lord Iban - the self-proclaimed son of Zamorak. He has taken control of the Underground Pass.
- Hazeel - a Mahjarrat who helped Zamorak rebel against Zaros. He is resurrected in the Hazeel Cult quest.
- Mage of Zamorak - Helps the player to access the Abyss in return for information regarding the Rune essence mines.
- Lazim - he is a desert statue sculptor. He is involved in Enakhra's Lament quest.
- Enakhra - another Mahjarrat, she built a temple for Zamorak in the desert. She is seen in Enakhra's Lament.
- Monks of Zamorak - monks that follow Zamorak.
- Chaos Dwarves - the evil versions of dwarves.
- Chaos druids - the evil versions of druids.
- Spirit of Scorpius - once a Zamorakian, now he is a ghost. He gives unholy symbol moulds and blesses unholy symbols after players complete Observatory Quest.
- Dessous - a warrior of Zamorak and one of the guardians in Desert Treasure
- Dark wizards - they are dark and evil versions of wizards.
- Necromancers - they follow Zamorak, and drop the robes of Zamorak.
- Dagon'hai - this organisation is said to follow Zamorak in the Journal of Sin'keth Magis.
- Surok Magis is the new leader of the Dagon'hai, and attempted to take over Misthalin through the mind of King Roald.
- Lucien is a fellow Mahjarrat after the Staff of Armadyl
- Lord Drakan, his vampyres, and most of Morytania, including werewolves, support Zamorak.
- Solus Dellagar is a major criminal, and uses Flames of Zamorak in his crimes.
- The Black Knights are to Zamorak as the White Knights are to Saradomin.
- Zemouregal is a Mahjarrat who aided Zamorak in the rebellion against Zaros.
- Thammaron is an Elder demon and was the lieutenant of Zamorak. Thammaron died at Uzer.
Affiliated items[edit | edit source]
- Staff of the dead
- Unholy symbol
- Unholy book
- Unholy blessing
- Wine of zamorak
- Zamorak cape
- Zamorak mjolnir
- Zamorak staff
- Zamorak robes
- Zamorakian spear
- Zamorakian hasta
- Thammaron's sceptre
- Viggora's chainmace
Zamorak armour[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]