|Released||27 February 2002 (Update)|
|Also called||Lost City|
|Location||Moon of Gielinor|
|Teleports||Fairy rings (bks)|
Zanaris, also known as Fairy City, is the home of the fairies and is the moon of Gielinor. Accessed during the Lost City quest, the settlement is notable for bearing several amenities, such as a marketplace to buy a dragon longsword, or the highly useful fairy ring transportation system.
The entrance to Zanaris is located in the abandoned shack in Lumbridge Swamp. It is the city of the fairies and can only be accessed once the Lost City quest has been completed. The city, in all likeliness, is deep underground.
Travel[edit | edit source]
The fairy ring code for the main portal in Zanaris is BKS. Zanaris can also be accessed by wielding a dramen staff or lunar staff and entering the small hut in Lumbridge Swamp to the north-east of the mine. You can also gain access via The Abyss to the Cosmic altar. There is a one-way fairy ring to Al Kharid bank from the market area.
Quests[edit | edit source]
Notable features[edit | edit source]
Fairy rings[edit | edit source]
- The fairy ring is located south of the water fountains and west of the farm field (code bks). Activating the ring while carrying a dramen staff or lunar staff will open a combination window to enter a code to go to other fairy rings elsewhere in RuneScape.
- The other two original fairy rings in Zanaris are exit rings only:
Bank and shop[edit | edit source]
Market area[edit | edit source]
The market area lies to the east of Zanaris and costs one cut diamond to get in. Here, you can buy Dragon daggers for 30,000 coins, and Dragon longswords for 100,000 coins. You must have completed the Lost City quest to be able to wield these powerful weapons.
There is also a fairy who will pay 100 coins for cabbages, and two yew trees for woodcutters.
Finally, the exit from the market is to the north-east of the market area; just enter the fairy ring, and you will find yourself behind Al-Kharid's bank. You can't return back.
Cosmic altar[edit | edit source]
The Cosmic Altar lies to the south of Zanaris. There are two Agility shortcuts that allow faster access, requiring 46 Agility for the medium shortcut and 66 Agility for the advanced shortcut. You will take damage if you fail these shortcuts, but not a lot.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Cooking[edit | edit source]
There is a wheat field and a nearby windmill, so flour is easy to make here. There are also several fountains for collection of water, though these are by no means the closest water-sources to a bank in the game. There is also a cooking range to the south of the bank.
Among the cows near the wheat field is a milk cow, and in the windmill, there is a churn. Combine that with the bucket spawn near the windmill and the nearby bank, and all the requirements for making butter, cream and cheese are present.
Slayer[edit | edit source]
Evil Chicken's Lair[edit | edit source]
By using a raw chicken with the shrine of the Evil Chicken near the entrance from Lumbridge Swamp, you gain access to a dungeon with 4 Black dragons and a Baby black dragon as well. Mining rocks are also available. Using a rope on the tunnel entrance leads to a small chamber with dragon eggs and the baby black dragon.
Other features[edit | edit source]
- There is a yew tree to the north-east of the bank.
- There is a furnace, but its distance for the bank makes it of little use for anything except possibly glass-making, making use of the nearby sand pit.
- Near the cosmic altar, you can gain access to Tanglefoot creatures seen in the Fairytale Part I quest, as well as Mutated Zygomites.
- When you are in Zanaris, you'll often notice strange things happening. Sometimes, a frog or a small choir will come to annoy you, rain clouds can appear over your head or you'll get a sudden urge to dance. You may also be turned into a chicken, pig, or rabbit for a second! The Zanaris choir events can result in your current follower 'jumping into your backpack', if you have one already, as they are treated like a follower.
Residents[edit | edit source]
- Fairy Queen - The benevolent ruler of Zanaris
- Fairy Godfather - An evil fairy wishing possession of the Fairy Realm
- Slim Louie - A henchman of the Fairy Godfather
- Fat Rocco - A henchman of the Fairy Godfather
- Fairy Nuff - A fairy nurse
- Fairy Aeryka - Tells players of Puro-Puro and a bit about implings
- Co-ordinator - Helps in sending the proper fairies on their way
- Fairy Fixit - The repairman and creator of the fairy rings
- Fairy chef - A fairy chef
- Fairy shop keeper - Owns Zanaris General Store
- Fairy shop assistant - Helps the shop keeper
- Gatekeeper - A tree-like figure that guards the gates to and from the marketplace
- Jukat - Shopkeeper
- Irksol - Shopkeeper
- Lunderwin - Shopkeeper
- Chaeldar - Slayer master in Zanaris
- Blaec - Owner of a sand pit
- Wandering impling - Introduces players to the Impetuous Impulses minigame
Monsters[edit | edit source]
Music unlocked[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Zanaris choir will follow you into random events.
References[edit | edit source]
- Fairy Nuff, "Fairytale II - Cure a Queen", Old School RuneScape. "The latest fairies to arrive have even reported that he has invited all sorts of monsters to the Lost City."
- Konar quo Maten, Old School RuneScape. "Zanaris is the moon of this world."
- Jagex. Mod Ash's Twitter account. 16 February 2018. Mod Ash: "The fairy queen has a line about there not being sunlight "down here", so it does sound like it's a cave in whatever realm it's in."
|Realms and worlds|