The ghost's skull is a quest item used in The Restless Ghost. It is found in the Wizards' Tower basement by searching the altar.
After searching the altar a skeleton will appear. Killing it is not necessary, and you may run if you want to. Putting the skull back into the restless ghost's coffin will complete the quest.
Appearance until 22 May 2006
- The ghost's skull similar to the skull which can be obtained in the Wilderness.
- If you use the ghost's skull on the Restless ghost will say "I can't give it to him. It goes right through him."
- To prevent duplication of the item, the Telekinetic Grab spell does not work on the item.
- Having a full inventory and taking the skull from the altar will cause it to appear on the ground.
- Should one try to duplicate the skull by hoping worlds and proceed to pick up the skull on the floor, while having one in the inventory, it will yield a dialogue box stating: "You already have the Ghost's skull." (Note: this dialogue message is the same when clicking the altar after obtaining the skull.)
- Upon completing the quest and attempting to pick up the skull from the ground (if attempting to duplicate) will yield the dialogue message: "That skull looks scary. I've got no reason to take it, I think I'll leave it alone." This essentially shows that the item cannot be duplicated as a souvenir.