Saba is an elderly hermit who resides in a cave on the path to Death Plateau, north of the Warriors' Guild. He grumpily agrees to help players continue the Death Plateau quest to find a secret way to the offending, noisy trolls in return for some peace and quiet.
Saba is the solution to the medium anagram clue: A BAS.
Appearance during the RuneScape 2 beta
- In the original version of Death Plateau featured in the RuneScape 2 beta files, Saba was known as Hermit with the examine "A hermit."
- In one dialect of the Philippines, "saba" means "noise" which relates to Saba because he himself dislikes the noise.
- Additionally, it is Aramaic (and Modern Hebrew) for "grandfather", which may relate to Saba since he is grey-haired.
- In Estonian language "saba" means "tail".
- A variant of Saba could be seen in the Eastern Lands during the 2014 April Fools event.