Randas is a hero known to have travelled through the Underground Pass, placing the orbs of light to protect travellers, boosting faith and courage as detailed in his journal. His records feature prominently in the Underground Pass quest.
According to the Spirit of the Pass, Randas travelled to the Underground Pass to fufil his desire to become a great and mighty warrior. As such, he was susceptible to Zamorak's corruption. Due to this corruption, he performed an ancient ritual that altered his spirit forever, turning him into a soulless. It is said that he remains in the Pass in this state even today. While several sources corroborate Zamorak as the source of corruption in the pass, it is also likely that Lord Iban is responsible, whose voices and practices coincide with the descriptions of Randas's fate.
Randas at some point through his journey made note of siren calls within the Underground Pass in his diary before becoming a soulless.
Randas' boots seen in an Outpost
- His boots are on display at the Outpost.
- ^ Randas, "Old journal", Old School RuneScape. "I came to cleanse these mountain passes of the dark forces that dwell here. I knew my journey would be treacherous, so I deposited Spheres of Light in some of the tunnels. These spheres are a beacon of safety for all who come. The spheres were created by Saradominist mages."
- ^ Koftik, "Underground Pass", Old School RuneScape. "I remember seeing one such warrior. Going by the name of Randas... ..he stood tall and proud like an Elven King... ...That same pride made him vulnerable to Zamorak's calls. Randas' worthy desire to be a great and mighty warrior also made him corruptible to Zamorak's promises of glory. ..Zamorak showed him a way to achieve his goals by appealing to that most base and dark nature ...that resides in all of us."
- ^ Jagex. "Spirit of the Pass." RuneScape Lores and Histories.
- ^ Wise Old Man, "Draynor Village", Old School RuneScape. "Randas was another great man, but he let himself be beguiled into turning to serve Zamorak, and they say he is now a mindless creature deep in the Underground Pass that leads to Isafdar."
- ^ Randas, "The Diary of Randas", Old School RuneScape. "It began as a whisper in my ears. Dismissing the sounds as the whistling of the wind I steeled myself against these forces, and continued on my way. But the whispers became moans... At once fearsome and enticing like the call of some beautiful siren. Join us! Our greatness lies within you, but only Zamorak can unlock your potential..."