|Released||14 March 2019 (Update)|
|Location||West of the quarry|
|Examine||Drew's good old Sandstorm, good thing there's not a lot of steps needed to work this thing.|
To use this machine, players must deposit empty buckets (notes are accepted) with Drew, and must load the machine with sandstone, with heavier pieces of sandstone resulting in more buckets being filled with sand. They can then claim noted buckets of sand from Drew for 50 coins each. Drew can hold up to 25,000 empty buckets for a player and the machine can store up to 25,000 buckets worth of sand.
|Weight||Amount of sand|
According to Drew, the machine was stolen from the Desert Mining Camp, where he was enslaved and tasked to look after it. While the guards weren't looking, he took apart the machine and stashed its pieces in boxes and barrels, and tricked the mine cart driver by telling him jokes. This references the method players use to smuggle Ana out of the camp during The Tourist Trap.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Drew and his grinder, Sandstorm, are a reference to Sandstorm, a trance instrumental composed by Finnish DJ Darude.
- The name of the machine is a reference to the previous suggestion of a spell similar to Humidify that would fill buckets with sand.
- The Sandstorm was the first piece of content created by Mod Tide.
- The examine text is a reference to the bone grinder near the Ectofuntus, known for requiring multiple actions to use. The model of the Sandstorm closely resembles that of the bone grinder.
References[edit | edit source]
- The Old School Team. "Feedback Suggestions". 6 February 2019. Developers' Blogs. *