RuneScape:Drop Rate Project
The Old School RuneScape Wiki is running a project to add exact drop rates to articles. There are two primary data sources for this project:
- Approximately 800 million kills from the Loot Tracker plugin on the open-source third-party client RuneLite. This data is used on about 280 drop table articles.
- Code from approximately 150 monsters' drop subroutines, provided to the wiki by the OSRS development team. This data is used on about 240 drop tables.
Additional sources can sometimes include Twitter posts from OSRS developers (especially when the drop table has unique conditions or mechanics), and large-scale drop logs on Reddit, YouTube, or other sources.
Join the #drop-logs channel of the wiki's Discord if you're interested in learning more or helping out.
How can I help?[edit source]
While as of this writing about 95% of monsters have accurate drop tables, there's still a lot of additional work to be done. Any time you see a drop rate listed as Common, Uncommon, or Rare, it means we need to collect more data to figure out the underlying table.
The easiest way to contribute is to just kill monsters with RuneLite's loot tracker. Note that in order for the data to carry over to the wiki, you need to have the plugin enabled, and you need to be logged into RuneLite. That's it! Just kill things, and eventually we'll get the data and be able to improve the wiki.
Which monsters?[edit source]
These are some monsters we need more data for:
- Cave bug - Can't figure out level 96 table due to limited data
- Zygomite - Two different levels listed
- Bryophyta - Need data specifically on F2P table
- Vyrewatch - Need more data
- Tortured gorilla - Need a lot more data
- Skeleton (Shayzien Crypts) - Mixed in with other Skeletons
- Zombie (Shayzien Crypts) - Mixed in with other Zombies
- Giant skeleton (Shadow Dungeon) - Need a lot more data
- Skeleton Mage - Need a lot more data
- Wall beast - No data whatsoever (RuneLite does not currently track)
- Soldier (Burthorpe) - Need a lot more data
- Zalcano - Subtle mechanics
- River troll - Need a lot more data
- Black Guard - Need a lot more data for the Keldagrim version
- Ancient Zygomite - Need a lot more data
- Guard (Burthorpe) - Need a lot more data, mixed with other Guards
- Gangster - Need a lot more data
- Gang boss - Need a lot more data
- Zamorak crafter - Need a lot more data
- Experiment No.2 - Need a lot more data
- Rock golem (monster) - Need a lot more data
- Giant lobster - Does the quest-only version have drops?
- Archer (Burthorpe) - Need a lot more data
- Black Guard Berserker - Need a lot more data
- TzHaar-Mej (monster) - Need a lot more data
- Giant frog - Need more data
- TzHaar-Hur - Need more data
- Big frog - Need a lot more data
- TzHaar-Ket - Need more data - lvl 149 and lvl 221
- TzHaar-Xil - Need more data
- Zombie (Sepulcher of Death) - Need more data, mixed with other Zombies
- Mouse - Kills would help (we think not tracked by RuneLite due to fake items)
Additionally, the wiki also would like to get more data for non-monster drop rates, including things like Shades of Mort'ton keys.