Talk:Money making guide
- 1 Revised default kills per hour (Spidines)
- 2 F2P ogress warrior moneymaking guide
- 3 Baked Potatoes
- 4 Collecting swamp toad legs
- 5 Catching rate edited
- 6 Catching Sharks Page
- 7 Question on money making - F2P - red spider's eggs
- 8 Crafting Drift Nets
- 9 Flax spinning
- 10 Fletching with Maple (Level 50 & 55)
- 11 Recurrent methods - missing birdhouses, giant seaweed, crystal tree, kingdom management, Hespori
- 12 Pickpocketing elves
- 13 Update to money maker
- 14 Strung bows per hour
- 15 Chaos Rune numbers are questionable
- 16 mmg add zalcano
- 17 Farming locations for herbs
- 18 Avrage crate worth is 25k without rares avrage crate is most definitely not 80k
- 19 Killing the Crazy archaeologist
- 20 Spidines egg drop rate
- 21 Hunter Level Requirement for Opening Eclectic Impling Jars
- 22 Claw value
- 23 masterfarmer gp seems slower? possible nerf?
- 24 Crazy Archaeologist Rune Cost
- 25 Page needs to be deleted
- 26 out-dated prices
- 27 Temple Trekking - Nail Beast Nails & Bowstrings
- 28 Double Green Dragon's (Myth's Guild)
- 29 Duendes carteristas
- 30 Mining guild has 8 adamantite ore rocks and a bank deposit that is very close. Actual gp/hr needs to be re-evaluated likely this number is off by ~60k
- 31 Making drift nets from jute fibres
- 32 Pickpoket elf
- 33 Error in Pickpocketing elves
- 34 Pickpocketing elves
- 35 This page makes no sense...
- 36 ammont
- 37 Why is theatre of blood not included in money making?
Revised default kills per hour (Spidines)[edit source]
300 Kills per hour seems like an extreme high bound for what players can expect out of this. Should it be reduced to reflect more realistic rates?
18.104.22.168 20:23, 17 February 2020 (UTC)
- I've lowered it to 250/hr. Still might be on the high side but 300+ is definitely near max combat stats w/ a POH fairy ring. Feel free to adjust the page yourself if you still feel it to be too misleading.-Towelcat (talk) 13:00, 24 February 2020 (UTC)
F2P ogress warrior moneymaking guide[edit source]
To add to the lower text of the guide, you could note that to gain passive crafting xp while killing the ogress warriors, while at a lesser profit per hour, if you were to bring a chisel. Crafting in F2P can be a tedious skill, and this could possibly be added as a crafting method in general (though noted as a passive way of gaining xp, similar in a way to farming).
22.214.171.124 15:57, 24 February 2020 (UTC)YeetBaguette 2/24/20
Baked Potatoes[edit source]
- Thanks for informing us, I've hopefully fixed it. 21:06, 2 March 2020 (UTC)
Collecting swamp toad legs[edit source]
In the swamp area of the Tree Gnome Stronghold, you can make around 250-300k an hour picking swamp toads & obtaining their legs. The fact that these items respawn quick also helps. Rushrangepre (talk) 02:32, 11 March 2020 (UTC)
Catching rate edited[edit source]
The page said you'd catch 90 sharks an hour at level 76, but I fished for 4 hours at level 77 at the fishing guild at an average of 155 sharks per hour. I therefore changed the rates written on the page. 126.96.36.199 09:59, 12 March 2020 (UTC)
Catching Sharks Page[edit source]
The page for catching sharks text is out of date. It claims catching monkish is better(presumably from before all the updated calculators) even though the data does not agree. It might be able to do a ratio calculation for gp sharks/h divided by gp monkfish/h to keep people updated on comparison rates.
Question on money making - F2P - red spider's eggs[edit source]
I know the GE price changes, so I'm checking the "quantity" of red spider's eggs to collect. The page defaults to 15 trips, totalling 390 eggs. I don't understand how someone would end up with 15 trips in an hour.
The explanation lists a couple of trip possibilities, the fastest being 7-9 minutes. Let's say an average of 8 minutes, that's only 7.5 trips an hour, which is half of the defaulted amount of eggs per hour. Did I miss something, or should the default number be corrected by halving it? :(
- Hi, the article neglected to mention the world hopping rate at 69+ combat (the level where spiders are no longer aggressive towards the player). From my own testing a few times, it took me an average of ~3m25s per trip, though the worlds I used were empty at the time. Thanks for the report, I've updated the page. -Towelcat (talk) 19:16, 20 March 2020 (UTC)
Crafting Drift Nets[edit source]
Do not do this!!! It costs 2,400 for the materials and they only sell for 1,750. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 2601:245:c001:c710:dec:4141:1c5c:2acd (talk) on 7:14, 22 March 2020 (UTC).
Flax spinning[edit source]
I believe it is faster to spin flax in the Museum camp on fossil island. There are no stairs, and you can clearly see the bank chest and spinning wheel without ever having to pan your view. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 2601:245:c001:c710:dec:4141:1c5c:2acd (talk) on 07:19, 22 March 2020 (UTC).
Fletching with Maple (Level 50 & 55)[edit source]
Right now Maple shortbows (u) make more profit (58 gp GE price) than longbows (u) (42 gp GE price), but if you string them longbows are profitable at around 60-90k per hour and shortbows are not profitable. I am terrible at formatting if anyone wants to update the table with the appropriate information.
2601:40:C004:6160:D9A2:5040:BC2E:D937 23:06, 28 March 2020 (UTC) Polske
Recurrent methods - missing birdhouses, giant seaweed, crystal tree, kingdom management, Hespori[edit source]
I'd add myself if I had the wiki editing knowledge, these are all methods that should really be added due to their efficiency
Pickpocketing elves[edit source]
I made a page for pickpocketing elves in priffdinnas due the current high value of the teleport seed, and the fact that you can get 450+ pickpockets an hour at lvl 99 on a 1/1024 rate for 2 seeds (rogue set). Money making guide/Pickpocketing elves. I also erroneously made the page Pickpocketing elves so that should be removed! —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) on 20:13, 8 April 2020 (UTC).
- Pickpocketing elves should now redirect to the money making guide. Great work on that page by the way! -Towelcat (talk) 03:33, 13 April 2020 (UTC)
Update to money maker[edit source]
Instead of buying supercompost from ge, add: buy compost packs from farmer vendor - 2k for pack of 100, buy compost potion (3) at 75gp each from ge, use compost potions on compost, then do the ash to make ultra. Saves more gp equaling to much more gp per hour. Just a thought.
- At that point, that'd be an entirely different method deserving of its own page. You need to consider the opportunity cost (time) of making the super/ultracompost yourself, instead of just buying it off the GE. -Towelcat (talk) 03:33, 13 April 2020 (UTC)
Strung bows per hour[edit source]
Change to 1600.
- You can string around ~2500 bows/hour at peak sweaty rates. You may have confused stringing bows with fletching the unstrung versions? -Towelcat (talk) 05:48, 17 April 2020 (UTC)
Chaos Rune numbers are questionable[edit source]
3.700 chaos runes an hour, even much more than 2,000, seems unlikely. Am i doing this wrong? I collected 1900 in an hour world hopping as fast as possible. numbers seem unrealistic —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) on 23:44, 22 April 2020 (UTC).
- I just did a ~10 minute test and was able to hop every ~6.8s, for a rate of roughly 2650 chaos runes/hour, so I'm updating the guide to 2600/hr. Thanks for the report. -Towelcat (talk) 03:34, 23 April 2020 (UTC)
mmg add zalcano[edit source]
Farming locations for herbs[edit source]
Avrage crate worth is 25k without rares avrage crate is most definitely not 80k[edit source]
This page is extremely misleading I completed 15 barrows chest today and not one chest was over 40k in value not 1********* —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 2600:1700:2340:4a50:d028:6823:6c8a:f533 (talk) on 20:11, 9 May 2020 (UTC).
- The average Barrows chest is worth that much (with the rares) if you have the diary perk. Without rares, it's roughly ~60k/chest (~40k without the diary). -Towelcat (talk) 10:13, 21 May 2020 (UTC)
Killing the Crazy archaeologist[edit source]
This page does not show the odium and malediction ward shards on the output pages which means the profit per hour is shown to be lower than it is. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Oiuyo (talk) on 15:40, 24 May 2020 (UTC).
Spidines egg drop rate[edit source]
With the rate that Spidines drop red spiders' eggs (anywhere from 3-7 per kill), you really only need to bring 1 red spiders' egg with you and only about 7 or 8 sardines. With that you will end up with a full inventory of spiders eggs and not waste sardines. Auum (talk) 02:02, 26 May 2020 (UTC)
- Nevermind, didn't see the medium ardougne diary part... makes a ton more sense now. Auum (talk) 02:15, 26 May 2020 (UTC)
Hunter Level Requirement for Opening Eclectic Impling Jars[edit source]
The page indicates a hunter level requirement of 50, but it does not seem like such a requirement really exists. The level required to CATCH them is 50, but opening the jars has no level requirement. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) on 21:02, 27 May 2020 (UTC).
- That guide has been updated (it may or may not take a little bit for the table of methods to refresh). --laagone talk 21:32, 27 May 2020 (UTC)
Claw value[edit source]
idk how to fix it. Claw value on alch hydra page puts claw at 0.024 chance, but apparently that equates to 1.9b... like, claw value is over 400 * 1.9b? -18.104.22.168 11:50, 3 June 2020 (UTC)
- nvm. My error —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) on 11:54, 3 June 2020 (UTC).
masterfarmer gp seems slower? possible nerf?[edit source]
basically ive spent 3 days at master farmer, im on around 70% sucess (level 60 with rogue) and only averaged at 150k/hr rare seeds seem a lot less common —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) on 15:23, 3 June 2020 (UTC).
- As far as I can tell, Master Farmer loot is the same as it's always been (at least since the Kebos update). Due to the long stun timers with pickpocketing, you'll see a major hit to the gp/hr at lower levels compared to the no-fail point. There's a fair bit of variance with how many ranarr seeds you can expect each hour due to them being a 1/302 drop. -Towelcat (talk) 15:36, 14 June 2020 (UTC)
Crazy Archaeologist Rune Cost[edit source]
Hi, the runes cost for the Crazy Archaeologist are not listed in the money making guide. This leads to GPH being inaccurate as the runes will be the bulk of the cost while killing this monster. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) on 15:38, 13 June 2020 (UTC).
- I've added an approximate 5000 coin cost per kill after doing a bit of napkin math. If that's way off (like 50% or more) let me know and it can be tweaked further. It's a tricky one to nail down because of how dependent it is on the spell and equipment used along with the player's Magic level. -Towelcat (talk) 15:36, 14 June 2020 (UTC)
Page needs to be deleted[edit source]
is currently listed as a way to make money, not only are the prices on the page way outdated, no one actually buys the end product in bulk so it'll take you days to sell '500' if you force yourself to sell at loss to just get your money back, and longer if you try to make money out of it. If something is supposed to make you money and it has an 'hour' profit margin on it, it should be something that's actually bought in bulk if it can be mass produced and bottled dragon breath is not that item. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) on 22:58, 14 June 2020 (UTC).
- Prices of certain products will vary, especially with the large amount of players on at the moment. This may lead to the gp/hr of money making guides fluctuating. However the money making guide lists it as making 1m/hr, and the fact that the GE prices aren't accurate to sell prices is not something that we can change. In addition, something only being able to be sold slowly for profit, doesn't change it's legitimacy Luna Lana (talk) 23:05, 14 June 2020 (UTC)
- It's not legitimate though. There is not enough demand for this item that you can say you can make '1m gp' an hour from it. The only reason I can honestly assume it's even here as a guide is because someone who controls this wiki makes money themselves from people buying dragonfruit to even attempt trying to make money off of bottled dragonbreath. If even two people out of the the entire osrs population attempt to make 500 and sell at the same time, you would have to keep undercutting to sell at a reasonable pace. When people search up money making guides and see the gp/hour rate it implies that's how much you make an hour. Not that after an hour of work you can get your money back with profit a week+ from now. Also currently with the the actual prices it would be 500k an hour if you were buying input at cost and selling output at cost as the sole seller. And since you will never be the sole seller, this is legit a scam. This method isn't even on the other wiki, and it's clear why. 220.127.116.11 23:47, 14 June 2020 (UTC)learntothink
- The daily trade volume for bottled dragonbreath is about 3000 per day, which is more than enough to support a few hours of this per day. The method isn't on the other wiki for the same reason ~100 other methods aren't: nobody has updated the other wiki in the last year and a half. ʞooɔ 23:59, 14 June 2020 (UTC)
out-dated prices[edit source]
The cost of ores are anywhere from ~10gp to ~100gp lower than they are at minimum in the G.E, and the same goes for bar sell price. I am unsure of how to adjust these figures, but would appreciate if someone else could do so. Thank you! —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 2601:587:4202:7b80:c400:de54:2bf2:51f8 (talk) on 02:00, 15 June 2020 (UTC).
- Those are normal (usually) price fluctuations, it just takes a little while for the GE prices to catch up. -Towelcat (talk) 03:02, 15 June 2020 (UTC)
Temple Trekking - Nail Beast Nails & Bowstrings[edit source]
This needs a lot more testing to find out more consistent numbers, but with Nail Beast Nails selling 12,585 (June 22 2020) each due to Sanfew Serums, and a minimum of 100 Bowstrings for any successful treks (11,700gp total (118*100) at the time of writing this), I want to make the case for adding Temple Trekking to the Moneymaking Guide.
Equipment: Graceful Outfit, Dragon Scimitar, Dragon Defender, Glory, and Ring of Duelling (for restoration)
Items: Morytania Legs 3 (Hard Morytania required) & Super Attack/Strength (optional)
Note: Of course these items can substituted easily for better equipment, no super sets, alternative restoration teles, or any combination. All combinations would influence the rates a lot, but still likely worth doing.
Method: Always start in Burgh De Rott. Trek with Smiddi Ryak (Hard), Rolayne Twickit (Hard) down Route One. Evade all Combat Encounters. Teleport back to Burgh De Rott and restart if encountering Bog, Bridge, Campsite, or River rather than complete them. Only participate in Nail Beast encounters picking up drops (With Hard through Route One, Five are encountered at a time). I personally prayed Piety against Nail Beasts to speed up kills, not necessary. I would teleport to Clan Wars to restore stats, could be an In House Ornate Pool.
The Equipment, Items, and Method can cause a large range of numbers, which may mean this does not get published to the main Wiki page. This is simply my preliminary testing.
Results: During tests, I was encountering anywhere between 90-100 events/hr, with a fairly consistent 10-12 Nail Beasts Event encountered totalling 50-60 Nail Beast Nails. Additionally, about 15 completions are accomplished depending on what events are encountered for each trek (some treks include 0 encounters, but it's maybe 1-2 times an hour by my testing).
At current market prices:
- 50 to 60 Nail Beast Nails (12,585 * 50/60) = 629,250 to 755,100
- (Minimum) ~1500 Bowstrings (1500 * 118) = 177,000
Totaling: 806,250 to 932,100 GP/HR
Again, this is very preliminary. I've tested this for only a couple hours now, but it seems promising so far.
I understand this would take a considerable amount of testing before proper average numbers could be speculated, especially to find out perhaps an approximate percentage of Encounter Rates for all possibilities, get more consistent numbers for how many Nail Beast Nails can be obtained an hour along with number of Bowstrings. Also it appears the Nails are fluctuating a lot in price (tonight I sold them for 16K each despite the current 12,585 GE Price). With preliminary testing, it seems like a fairly decent method of making money particularly for players with the Morytania Hard requirements completed. I am open to discuss and would be willing to contribute to testing for better numbers in the long run.
Double Green Dragon's (Myth's Guild)[edit source]
The method of killing green dragons in myth's guild is duplicated here 2600:1006:B015:41A:C121:F08A:AB7D:E53F 23:53, 27 June 2020 (UTC)
- I have taken care of this, they're now two separate and non-duplicated entries. Thanks! Legaia2Pla ᴛ · ʟ · ᴄ 00:48, 28 June 2020 (UTC)
== Pickpocketing elves
the method is working with an error. with Rogue equipment he produces a Crystal shard on 1/2048.
Duendes carteristas[edit source]
WITH LEVEL 99 HAS A RATE OF 1/2048
Mining guild has 8 adamantite ore rocks and a bank deposit that is very close. Actual gp/hr needs to be re-evaluated likely this number is off by ~60k[edit source]
18.104.22.168 18:22, 1 July 2020 (UTC)
Making drift nets from jute fibres[edit source]
Is it possible for making drift nets from jute fibres to be cross-listed with skilling since you are gaining crafting experience by making the nets (55 each)?
Pickpoket elf[edit source]
este método ya no funciona ejecute más de 2600 robos y no sale enhanced Crystal teleport seed
Error in Pickpocketing elves[edit source]
this method should have an error, perform this method for about 6 hours and get 600,000 coins and 80 Crystal shards but no Enhanced crystal teleport seeds in approximately 3500 effective robberies. the method is wrong or the drop rate is not 1/1024, or it has some kind of error.
Pickpocketing elves[edit source]
I consider that this method must have some problem. I used this method to raise my level from Thieving and from l97 to 98 I didn't get any Enhanced crystal teleport seed. which implies that the drop rate must be over 1/4000.
This page makes no sense...[edit source]
Red dragons don't have a ranged attack, so in order to range them without tanking their melee hits, you must safespot them. If you are safespotting them, you don't need dragonfire protection since the dragonfire can't hit you.
In addition, trying to manage a safespot in the Brimhaven dungeon is a nightmare. This page needs major revamping.
there is no way that someone can do so mach broad botl in hour , need to test it send avarage and max
Why is theatre of blood not included in money making?[edit source]
- Because working out supply costs is difficult, and the amount of ToB runs per hour varies highly between skill levels. I do think this should exist, just we are lacking in the knowledge to make itLuna Lana (talk) 20:17, 27 July 2020 (UTC)
There's an easier method if a player has Drakan's Medallion. There happens to be a 3 and a 4 log location just north outside of Ver Sinhaza. Combined with an Ardougne Cloak, you can quickly recharge prayer and bank at the theatre.2601:2C3:480:35A0:141D:6C12:8851:D4EE 03:18, 6 August 2020 (UTC)