Forgettable Tale.../Quick guide
Details[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Talk to Commander Veldaban in the Dwarven Black Guard headquarters in Keldagrim.|
|Description||Forgettable Tale of a Drunken Dwarf is part 2 in the Rise of the Red Axe series, focusing on the dwarves and their capital city of Keldagrim. After the events in The Giant Dwarf, the Red Axe mining company has departed the city and set up a new headquarters in a remote underground location.
Veldaban, the Commander of the Dwarven Black Guard in Keldagrim, wants you to investigate the case and find out if the Red Axe is planning anything nefarious. The problem is, the only lead he's got is an extremely drunken and kebab obsessed dwarf.Use your farming and brewing abilities to your advantage, then prepare to be perplexed by puzzles as you follow the trail to the Red Axe...
|Enemies to defeat||None|
Walkthrough[edit | edit source]
Note: This quest involves waiting for 15-20 minutes twice. If you don't want to do this quest intermittently, you can bring something to fill this time with, such as runes and items for High Level Alchemy. For the first waiting period there is a bank nearby.
Starting out[edit | edit source]
Items required: 3 beers
- Talk to Commander Veldaban in Keldagrim, just west of the bank.
- Buy 3 beers from the pub south of the drunken dwarf's house if you don't have them already.
- Speak to the drunken dwarf in the middle of East Keldagrim (northeast of the kebab shop, there's a bar south).
- Talk to him again and give him a beer.
Getting the seeds[edit | edit source]
Items required: a random item (see full guide for details), beer, Dwarven stout (spawns on the table)
- Speak to the rowdy dwarf outside the East Keldagrim pub, he will request a random item. Get it and bring it to him. (If you buy it at the Grand Exchange, use the free minecart transport northwest in the GE.)
- Travel to the tunnel under White Wolf Mountain (Optional: Buy White Wolf Mountain ticket (100gp) from Keldagrim Cart Conductor to travel to the White Wolf Mountain tunnel. Use the south minecart track.)
- Talk to Khorvak in the pub under White Wolf Mountain .
- Give a dwarven stout to Khorvak. (If you didn't bring a dwarven stout, pick up the dwarven stout spawn from table in pub.)
- (Optional) Buy a Keldagrim ticket from the Cart Conductor under White Wolf Mountain for 100 coins (50 if Ring of charos is used) to get back to Keldagrim, or teleport to Blast Furnace minigame.
- Talk to Gauss in the bar south of the bank (western side of Keldagrim). Give him cheers with another beer.
Planting the crops[edit | edit source]
Items required: rake, Kelda seeds, seed dibber, Spade
- Go to the "Kelda Hops Patch" just southeast of the bank. Speak with Rind The Gardener.
- Plant the kelda seeds (there is a rake south of the patch).
- They will grow in 15–20 minutes and cannot die. You will get a chat notification when ready.
- Harvest the kelda hops.
Brewing[edit | edit source]
Items required: 2 buckets of water, 2 barley malts, kelda hops, empty pot, empty beer glass, 25 coins
- Go upstairs in the East Keldagrim pub.
- Buy ale yeast from Blandebir for 25 coins (empty pot spawn can be found near the vat).
- Add to the vat in this order:
- 2 buckets of water.
- 2 barley malts.
- Kelda hops.
- Ale yeast.
- Wait 15–20 minutes for the notification again.
- Turn the valve and use an empty beer glass on the barrel.
- Return to the drunken dwarf's house and talk about the Red Axe.
Exploring the closed tunnel[edit | edit source]
- Talk to the cart conductors in south-eastern Keldagrim (southernmost cart conductor).
- Only one of them will let you ask about the closed-off tunnel.
- Talk to the director of the mining company you joined in The Giant Dwarf, which is located upstairs in either the west or the east marketplace (Palace). If you don't remember which company you joined just go from director to director. The only one with time to speak with you is yours.
- Return to the minecarts and ride the southernmost cart (no ticket necessary, but need both hands free).
Room 1[edit | edit source]
- Search the box.
- Use the dwarven machinery.
- Set up the path shown in the "Part 1" image and click OK.
- Ride the cart, collect more stones from the box.
- Return on the cart to the start point, then input the next path.
- Collect the stones and return again.
- Input the third path to move on to the next room.
Room 2[edit | edit source]
- Listen to the conversation, cross over, and leave.
Room 3[edit | edit source]
- Complete the puzzle in the same manner as the first one.
Room 4[edit | edit source]
- Search the crates and bookshelves until you've read 3 documents relating to the Red Axe.
Room 5[edit | edit source]
- Complete the puzzle in the same manner as the previous ones.
Room 6[edit | edit source]
- Watch the cutscene.
Finishing up[edit | edit source]
- Buy a kebab from the kebab shop and a beer in the pub (both in East Keldagrim) if you don't already have them.
- Talk to Commander Veldaban (west of the bank).
- While in the pub (in the east side of Keldagrim) drink your beer and eat your kebab.
Rewards[edit | edit source]