|Released||10 January 2019 (Update)|
|Quest||A Kingdom Divided|
|Examine||Leader of the Kourend Royal Guard.|
|NPC ID||10922, 10923|
Commander Lydia Fullore is the leader of the Kourend Royal Guard. As leader of the Royal Guard, she ensures that they are well trained and supplied. She is found on the ground floor[UK]1st floor[US] of Kourend Castle.
History[edit | edit source]
Service in the Shayzien Army[edit | edit source]
Unlike other people in Hosidius, Lydia wished to join the Shayzien Army; as a child, she took note of a Shayzien patrol that went around her house, and she would come out to wave at them as she went by. Despite her parents' desire for her to become a farmer or chef, jobs commonly taken by those who live in Hosidius, she would eventually enlist in the Shayzien Army,
During her time as a soldier, she was part of a squad requested by the Kourend Council to deal with a gang of thieves who had children in their ranks. Though the operation was successful, she was distraught at the fact that the Council threw not just the men, but the children in prison too.
Leader of the Royal Guard[edit | edit source]
Eventually, Lydia would work directly for the Kourend Council as leader of the Royal Guard. During this time, she would meet Martin Holt, who was employed by the Council, and began a relationship with him. However, their relationship fell apart after some time as Martin began to see the Council's flaws and she eventually moved on to a relationship with Captain Ginea, which also fell apart eventually.
After the arrest of Councillor Sophia Hughes and her subsequent escape, Lydia is tasked to investigate leads on where she might have gone and receives the help of the adventurer who helped arrest Councillor Hughes. With the adventurer's assistance, Sophia is discovered to have planned an escape via Veos' ship in Port Piscarilius, and Lydia moves quickly to intercept her. However, in a last ditch attempt, Sophia summons the Judge of Yama, who incinerates her for taking advantage of Yama's generosity and his trust, and proceeds to battle the adventurer, leaving Lydia to deal with Councillor Andrews' vitriol towards her for her failures in recapturing Sophia.
Uncovering the Council's corruption[edit | edit source]
Before her death, Sophia Hughes had mentioned that she and the rest of the Council had done something a man and his girl, believed to be King Kharedst IV and Rose. Afraid that Councillor Andrews will be keeping a close eye on her, she reluctantly asks the adventurer to seek Martin regarding Rose's fate.
Eventually, the adventurer's investigation leads them to a small shack at the base of Mount Karuulm in the Kebos Lowlands, where a hidden entrance to the basement results in the discovery of Rose and Councillor Liam Orson, who had been taking care of her since she entered into a coma. Having been discovered, he confesses to the adventurer and Lydia that the Council conspired to kill King Kharedst IV, but that it did so out of necessity. Liam reveals that they remain in contact with the mage who helped them kill the King, to obtain potions to help treat Rose's condition. The mage was later discovered to be Xamphur, Xeric's closest comrade.
After moving Liam to Xeric's Lookout, the adventurer and Lydia decide to end Rose's suffering, and hold a funeral for her outside the shack. With Liam's confession and the knowledge of Xamphur's involvement with the Kourend Council, Lydia asks the adventurer to gather the leaders of the five houses, Trobin Arceuus, Kandur Hosidius, Vulcana Lovakengj, Shauna Piscarilius, and Shiro Shayzien, to meet at Xeric's Lookout, where they would decide on the next steps.
After agreeing on the next course of action, the leaders of the five houses proceed to Kourend Castle and remove the Kourend Council from power. After disbanding the Council, Lydia attends Kandur Hosidius' coronation ceremony, only for him to be assassinated quickly behind the scenes. Shortly, Artur Hosidius, Kandur's son, succeeds his father. Lydia continues to investigate the assassination and promises to inform the adventurer of new developments as they come.
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Commander Fullore, Old School RuneScape. "The Kourend Royal Guard protect and serve the ruler of Kourend. As their leader, I am responsible for ensuring that the Royal Guard are well trained and well supplied."
- Commander Fullore, "A Kingdom Divided", Old School RuneScape. "Back when I was a girl, there was this Shayzien patrol that would go past our house each morning. Every day I would run out to wave at them as they went by."
- Commander Fullore, "A Kingdom Divided", Old School RuneScape. "For as long as I can remember, I always wanted to join the army. 'Become a farmer or a chef,' my parents would say to me. 'The army isn't for you.' But I knew what I wanted, and I knew nothing would stop me from getting it."
- Martin Holt, "A Kingdom Divided", Old School RuneScape. "I remember a gang of thieves a few years back that used them heavily. The kids could get places the adults couldn't. No one ever suspected them either. They were such a problem that the Council had to get Lord Shayzien to send some soldiers in to deal with them. Lydia was one of them."
- Martin Holt, "A Kingdom Divided", Old School RuneScape. "The Council had them all thrown in prison, even the children. Lydia was distraught."
- Martin Holt, "A Kingdom Divided", Old School RuneScape. "I'm sure Lydia didn't tell you everything about herself either. We were together once, you know."
- Martin Holt, "A Kingdom Divided", Old School RuneScape. "...she was ever loyal to the Council. In the end she decided I wasn't her type, and went off with that Captain Ginea instead. Of course, that didn't work out either."
- Martin Holt, "A Kingdom Divided", Old School RuneScape. "Ah, so you're the adventurer who's been cooking up a storm around here. Well you'll be pleased to know your hard work was all for nothing. Councillor Hughes has escaped. Lucky her."
- Commander Fullore, Old School RuneScape. "Alright, you can help. But for the duration of this investigation, you're working for me. What I say goes, [...] Right now we don't have any leads on where Councillor Hughes might have gone. I'm heading over to her home to see if there's anything there that can help us."
- Judge of Yama, "A Kingdom Divided", Old School RuneScape. "You have betrayed the trust of Yama, Sophia Hughes. You have used his generosity to your own advantage. For this, your life is forfeit."
- Commander Fullore, "A Kingdom Divided", Old School RuneScape. "Councillor Andrews may have been all nice to you, but he's furious with me. He's blamed me for what happened in Port Piscarilius."
- Sophia Hughes, "A Kingdom Divided", Old School RuneScape. "You'd think they'd have some loyalty after all we did! After what we did to him. After what we did to his girl! We were in it together until it no longer suited them!"
- Commander Fullore, "A Kingdom Divided", Old School RuneScape. "Martin. He's leader of Kourend's Royal Society. He knows more about the last royal family than anyone. If anyone can help you find Rose, it's him."
- Councillor Orson, "A Kingdom Divided", Old School RuneScape. "There was an Arceuus mage. He was an expert in curses, and he realised what was happening. He gave us the poison for the King. [...] By then, it was already too late. The King had deteriorated too much. There was only one solution."
- Commander Fullore, "A Kingdom Divided", Old School RuneScape. "The poison they gave her irreversibly destroyed her mind. There is no cure. Someone else could make the potions, but all they do is prolong her suffering. This is no life for anyone. The truth is, Rose died long ago. All that's left now is an empty shell."
- Lord Kandur Hosidius, Old School RuneScape. "We, the leaders of the five houses of Great Kourend, declare that the Kourend Council is no longer fit to rule. As such, you are relieved of your positions with immediate effect."