The Imcando dwarves are an ancient clan of dwarves, related to the ordinary dwarves. They once inhabited Camdozaal, a now ruined-city below Ice Mountain, but were believed to be extinct after the Runecrafting Crusades. They are well-known for their masterful smithing skill, having created the original sword of Sir Vyvin's family and possibly the Shield of Arrav, and their love of redberry pie. Additionally, most of the Imcando dwarves were followers of Saradomin.
Up to their destruction, the Imcando tribe were particularly skilled in Smithing weaponry, and possibly Mining. As mentioned above, the sword of Sir Vyvin, passed down through five generations of his family, was forged by the Imcando, and the Shield of Arrav may have also been forged by them. For many hundreds of years, they were the world's most renowned smiths. The techniques used by the Imcando were secret, passed down from generation to generation, and any devices created by the Imcando are very hard to replicate.
Currently the only Imcando dwarves in-game are Thurgo and Ramarno. Thurgo can be found south of Port Sarim and north of Mudskipper Point. He is involved in The Knight's Sword and The Giant Dwarf quests. Ramarno is encountered at the end of the quest Below Ice Mountain and lives in the Ruins of Camdozaal. After the quest he can be found by the Sacred Forge.
History[edit | edit source]
Fall of Imcandoria and resettling[edit | edit source]
The Imcando once lived in the great city of Imcandoria in the far north. Towards the end of the Second Age, their city fell after a mysterious malevolent entity believed to be a part of Xau-Tak killed the inhabitants of the city and turned it into a frozen wasteland. With no home to return to, the Imcando dwarves were promised a new home by Saradomin, who would have his forces lay siege to Lassar and grant the Imcando dwarves a new settlement in the ruins of the fortress.
Led by Yonrith Lovakengj, the Saradominist forces marched upon Lassar and destroyed it in one of many attacks on the Zarosian Empire during the Zarosian Extermination in the Third Age. Once the Zarosian forces have been driven out, the Imcando dwarves set to build their new city, naming it Camdozaal.
Refuge westwards[edit | edit source]
Eventually, a group of Imcando dwarves travelled further southwards from Lovakengj and founded a city underground in the Avium Savannah, a part of the kingdom of Varlamore. Towards the end of the Fourth Age, they enlisted the help of an unnamed adventurer from Hosidius to help subdue a demon that was capable of summoning torrential rainstorms, in which they forged a demonbane weapon to help the adventurer.
During this time, it is not known whether they had remained in contact with their Imcando brethren in Camdozaal, although today there are no Imcando dwarves present in Great Kourend.
Arrav of Avarrocka[edit | edit source]
Back in the mainland, Arrav, after meeting Zemouregal in the Dream Land, was sent by his village's elders to find the mythical Shield of Arrav, in the possession of the Imcando dwarves in Camdozaal. After wandering through what would later become Asgarnia, Arrav settled at the foot of a mountain (possibly Ice Mountain) where he was greeted by several Imcando. Despite their refusals of knowing the Shield, Arrav stayed with them, hoping to gain their trust. After spending many days with the Imcando and learning their arts of mining and smithing, he was given the Shield.
Destruction of Camdozaal[edit | edit source]
Camdozaal would remain as the prosperous home of the Imcando until the early Fifth Age, when a faction of Fremenniks sought to destroy any users of magic in the Runecrafting Crusades. With their inclusion of magic in dwarven smithing techniques, as well as experimentation with golems left over from the Zarosian era, the Fremennik turned their weapons toward Camdozaal.
The Imcando dwarves, believing their weapons to be strong enough to repel the invasion, were ultimately wiped out. Today, they are now largely believed to be extinct, with Ramarno and Thurgo being the sole remaining Imcando dwarves on the mainland. From conversations with them, it appears that they are not yet aware of their fellow Imcando brethren beneath the Avium Savannah.
References[edit | edit source]
- Ghost (Ruins of Camdozaal), Old School RuneScape. "Rumour has it [the Imcando] once lived in a great city in the far north."
- Ghost (Ruins of Camdozaal), Old School RuneScape. "The city [Imcandoria] fell and now they are homeless."
- Ghost (Ruins of Camdozaal), Old School RuneScape. "It seems [the Imcando] have been promised a new home here in return for wiping us out."
- Ghost (Ruins of Camdozaal), Old School RuneScape. "Their leader is named Yonrith Lovakengj. He has fled to the west with his closest allies, but much of his army still remains."
- "Bloody diary", Old School RuneScape. "I recall encountering a particularly nasty demon capable of summoning torrential rainstorms in the Avium Savannah. Being requested by a group of dwarves underground to quell the demon's rage..."
- "Bloody diary", Old School RuneScape. "...[the Imcando dwarves] forged me a silver sword combined with some mystical metal, which they claimed was carefully tuned to greatly harm demons."
- Ramarno, Old School RuneScape. "Our methods would often differ from other dwarves. Whereas they just used traditional smithing techniques, we would combine them with magic as well."
- Ramarno, Old School RuneScape. "We used our advanced Smithing knowledge to improve their form. Eventually, we were able to get them working again. We kept pushing with the golems. Many of them we imbued with magical energies."
- Ramarno, Old School RuneScape. "Camdozaal was built upon the ruins of an older civilization. Little trace of them remained by the time we arrived. However, when building the city, ancient golems were discovered."
- Ramarno, Old School RuneScape. "We learned of a horde of barbarians pillaging across the land, hunting down and killing anyone who dared use magic. We underestimated them. We believed our weapons would be enough to keep us safe. We were wrong. The barbarians brought ruin upon Camdozaal."