Sea Slug Conflicts
|Sea Slug conflicts|
|Beginning||Non-specific events, late Fourth Age|
|Place||Throughout Gielinor, although centred around what is now Witchaven|
|Battles||Temple and White Knights Crusade|
|Sea Slugs||Many forces, primarily Temple Knights|
The Sea Slug Conflicts is an ongoing conflict around the fishing village of Witchaven. The conflict essentially began at some point during the Fourth Age, when the Temple Knights fought against the Sea Slug Queen Mother Mallum, who was a malevolent slug-like entity producing tiny sea slugs capable of taking over the minds and bodies of other creatures.
The majority of the Sea Slug Conflicts took place when Mother Mallum first emerged from the sea. She used her forces to corrupt and control the important political figures of the world. Eventually, she was sealed within an underground cave network by the Temple Knights. However, the Temple Knights have since forgotten the process used to imprison Mother Mallum.
Around year 169 of the Fifth Age, a little time before the events of the Sea Slugs quest, a fishing platform was established off the coast of Witchaven, which severely impacted the local populace.At some point, the fishermen working at the platform hauled some of Mother Mallum's spawns from the Southern Sea on to the platform and from there the sea slugs began possessing the fishermen as well as the people of Witchaven.
An adventurer, who had previously encountered the sea slugs, was sent to investigate on behalf of the Temple Knights. The adventurer was tricked into releasing Mother Mallum from her prison, but managed to kill the Slug Prince before narrowly escaping Mother Mallum. This caused a delay in Mother Mallum's plans, which are likely to once again take control of the leaders of the world.
References[edit | edit source]
- Savant, "The Slug Menace", Old School RuneScape. "Yes, it seems that centuries ago we discovered that a great evil had taken control of some of the most influential people in the world."
- Savant, "The Slug Menace", Old School RuneScape. "Once freed, the Temple Knights pursued a great crusade to destroy the Mother Mallum. Unfortunately she was too powerful and the best they could do was to trap her inside a mystical prison."
- Jorral, "The Slug Menace", Old School RuneScape. "They managed to trap the Mother Mallum behind a mystical prison where she was to wait for all time."
- Savant, "The Slug Menace", Old School RuneScape. "No, I hit a brick wall after that. We had a dragon crash land on our headquarters a few years ago and the resulting fire destroyed a lot of our records."
- Witchaven villager, Old School RuneScape. "Dratted thing stole all of our trade."
- Bailey, "Sea Slug", Old School RuneScape. "It all began a few weeks ago. We pulled up a haul of deep sea flatfish. Mixed in with them we found those slug things, but thought nothing of it. Not long after that my friends began to change. Now they spend all day pulling in hauls of fish, only to throw back the fish and keep those nasty sea slugs."
- Sir Tiffy Cashien, "The Slug Menace", Old School RuneScape. "That should delay her plans somewhat. If she follows the same pattern as last time, the important figures of Gielinor will be her next targets."
- Sir Tiffy Cashien, "The Slug Menace", Old School RuneScape. "I think we are going to have to increase our surveillance somewhat."
- Mother Mallum, "The Slug Menace", Old School RuneScape. "Calm yourself, my child. We anticipated this eventuality. Go now and prepare the throne for our arrival."
|Battles in Misthalin|
|Battles in Asgarnia|
|Battles in Kandarin and the Fremennik Province|
|Battles in Morytania|
|Battles in Forinthry and the Wilderness|
|Battles in the Kharidian Desert|
|Battles in Tirannwn|
|Battles in Kourend|