Dwarves are one of many races in RuneScape. They live predominately in Keldagrim, their capital city, and the city of Lovakengj on Great Kourend, but are also found in various mines and settlements across Gielinor. In stature, Dwarves tend to be shorter than humans, usually being slightly above human-waist height, but considerably stockier. They are long-lived, although they tend to be gruff and short in temper. They are particularly fond of ale and often have long beards. Dwarves are particularly well known for being excellent blacksmiths, miners, and craftsmen, but usually a dwarf specialises in one area. Dwarves primarily use power-based weapons in combat, such as battleaxes, warhammers and crossbows.
History of the Dwarves[edit | edit source]
When the God Wars began most of the dwarves retreated underground to avoid the cataclysmic battles, this led them to adapt to life underground and establishment of the city Keldagrim. Some of the dwarves eventually fled across the Western Sea, where they established the city of Lovakengj.
The dwarves of Keldagrim stayed underground for centuries after the God Wars ended, as they were not aware of it. When they resurfaced, they began to establish connection and relations with the human settlements and kingdoms allowing them to expand their territory, though primarily underground. They also got into conflict with various groups of goblins, however during 169 of the Fifth Age, they managed to make a cooperation with the more peaceful Dorgeshuun goblin tribe from Dorgesh-Kaan.
Culture[edit | edit source]
Dwarven culture consists mostly of feasting, sparring, and songs of great deeds long ago. The dwarven capital of Keldagrim is more advanced, and has many industrial works, banks and trading corporations. Dwarves love gold, and value it greatly; they are portrayed as greedy, which is not untrue - their people are ruled by merchants and bureaucrats. Nearly all activities in Dwarven territory, particularly Keldagrim, are based around the acquisition of wealth.
The dwarves are not religious, and although they are Guthixian, they never really worship Guthix in festivals or rituals. There is also a small and secretive cult of dwarves in the wilderness and in Taverley dungeon known as the chaos dwarves, who worship Zamorak. And similarly the Imcando dwarves worship Saradomin.
Dwarven settlements[edit | edit source]
The Dwarves have several settlments around Gielinor:
Transportation[edit | edit source]
The Dwarves have a few different types of transportation avaialbe to humans.
- The Keldagrim Minecart System - used to travel to and from the dwarven capital, Keldagrim
- The Dorgesh-Kaan–Keldagrim Train System - an underground railway system created between the cave goblin city of Dorgesh-Kaan and dwarven capital Keldagrim
- The Lovakengj Minecart Network - a type of transportation used to travel around the five cities of Great Kourend
Quests[edit | edit source]
The Dwarves are involved with the following quests:
- Doric's Quest
- The Knight's Sword
- Fishing Contest
- Dwarf Cannon
- The Giant Dwarf
- Forgettable Tale of a Drunken Dwarf
- Between a Rock...
- Recipe for Disaster/Freeing the Mountain Dwarf
- Another Slice of HAM
- Underground Pass
- Grim Tales
- The Forsaken Tower
Notable Dwarves[edit | edit source]
- King Alvis - Renowned king of the dwarves.
- The Consortium - The eight directors of the largest mining companies in Keldagrim running the city.
- Dinh - A legendary dwarven smith, who resided in the Forsaken Tower, making great pieces of metalwork such as Dinh's bulwark and the Doors of Dinh.
- Doric - Dwarven smith and craftsman residing in a hut north of Falador.
- Drunken Dwarf - Inebriated dwarf wandering around handing out free beer and kebabs to his 'mateys'.
- Jardric - Dwarven researcher and explorer.
- Thurgo - Alongside Ramarno, is supposedly the last of the Imcando dwarves.
- Undor - A master dwarven smith who stationed at the Wintertodt camp to maintain the Doors of Dinh
- Commander Veldaban - Commander of the Black Guard, the soldiers of Keldagrim.
- Lady Vulcana Lovakengj - Leader of Lovakengj in Great Kourend.
- Ramarno - Alongside Thurgo, is supposedly the last of the Imcando dwarves.