|Released||23 July 2002 (Update)|
|Examine||An ancient sentient tree.|
|Object ID||? (edit)|
|Stump ID||? (edit)|
Spirit trees are a gnomish method of transportation. Limited access to the network is granted upon completion of the Tree Gnome Village quest. You may travel from any spirit tree you have unlocked directly to any other Spirit Tree in the network.
The spirit tree in the centre of Tree Gnome Stronghold is added to the network on completion of The Grand Tree. After that quest, this tree can be used without completion of Tree Gnome Village, however it will only be one way and the other trees will 'not be interested in talking'.
"N/A" is not a number.
Spirit tree locations[edit | edit source]
- Khazard Battlefield - just south of West Ardougne.
- The Tree Gnome Village.
- The Tree Gnome Stronghold - Requires completion of The Grand Tree to travel from this location. Before the quest, you can still travel to this location.
- Varrock tree - Located in the north-east corner of the Grand Exchange.
- Next to the Myths' Guild in the south-west corner of Feldip Hills.
- Prifddinas - Requires completion of Song of the Elves
Self-grown spirit tree locations (Farming only):
- In southeastern Etceteria.
- Easternmost part of Port Sarim.
- Northeastern part of Brimhaven, near the Agility Arena.
- Hosidius, next to the saltpetre deposits and south-east of the Forthos Ruin. Requires 35% Hosidius favour to plant.
- Inside the advanced tier of the Farming Guild. (Can be accessed before level 85 with the use of stat boosting items, but requires boosting to 85 everytime you wish to teleport there)
Additionally, with 75 Construction:
- Player-owned house Superior Garden - The crystal saw boost cannot be used, but others boosts are possible. This does not count towards limit on spirit trees planted, and provides only 350 experience in both Farming and Construction.
One of the fastest ways to access a spirit tree is to teleport to the Stronghold Slayer Cave with a slayer ring - the player will arrive close to the tree. If one has an Ardougne cloak, they can teleport to the Ardougne Monastery and use the Khazard Battlefield tree just to the west. The Port Sarim spirit tree patch (83 Farming) is just south of the explorer's ring's (2 or better) cabbage-port. When the player has a Farming cape, they can teleport to the Farming Guild and use the spirit tree there.
Farming[edit | edit source]
Players can grow their own spirit tree from a spirit sapling made from a spirit seed once they reach level 83 Farming. Since spirit seeds and spirit saplings are untradeable, they can be difficult to obtain. Spirit tree patches can be found in:
A player may grow two spirit trees at 91 Farming and an unlimited number of spirit trees at 99. These levels can be boosted.
The growing time for a spirit tree is about 58 hours and 40 minutes. Growing a spirit tree yields 19,501.3 Farming experience, which is the sum of planting (199.5 experience) and checking health (19,301.8 experience).
Spirit trees cannot be cut down, so one simply uses a spade on the tree to remove it. They do not yield roots when removed.
Payment[edit | edit source]
Spirit trees may be tended by gnome gardeners for 5 monkey nuts, 1 monkey bar, and 1 ground suqah tooth. Given the rarity of the seed, the experience given, and the length of time it takes to mature, having a gardener tend the growing plant is strongly recommended.
Construction[edit | edit source]
Players can plant their own spirit tree from a spirit sapling in their Superior Garden at level 75 Construction. Doing so also requires level 83 in Farming. Boosts can be used. This tree does not count towards the number of spirit trees that may be planted at one time. At level 95 Construction players can build a Spiritual Fairy Tree, which grants access to both a spirit tree and a fairy ring.
Spirit tree patches[edit | edit source]
|Location||Gardener||Nearby activities||Closest teleport||Image||Trailblazer Region|
|South-east Etceteria||Yulf Squecks||Fremennik✓|
|East of Port Sarim||Frizzy Skernip||Asgarnia✓|
|North of Brimhaven||Praistan Ebola||Karamja✓|
|Farming Guild||Latlink Fastbell||
Treasure Trails[edit | edit source]
- The Spirit tree in Tree Gnome Village is the solution to the hard cryptic clue: I have many arms but legs, I have just one, I have little family but my seed, You can grow on, I am not dead, yet I am but a spirit, and my power on your quests, you will earn the right to free it. The answer to the challenge scroll is 13112221.
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
Changes[edit | edit source]
|2 September 2020
|Spirit Trees will now give better explanations as to why players are unable to teleport to certain locations.|
|1 May 2014
(update | poll)
|The Spirit tree network has been improved and you no longer need to travel via the Gnome Stronghold or Tree Gnome Village trees to get around.|
|22 August 2013
(update | poll)
|Players can now grow more than one spirit tree at a time. Level 91 Farming will be required for two trees, and level 99 for three.|
|2 August 2013
(update | poll)
|Right-click travel options have been added to spirit trees, as well as Elkoy, Daero, Waydar and Lumdo.|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Previously, the spirit tree in the Tree Gnome Village served as a network hub. All the other trees would only teleport you to the Tree Gnome Village, and then you could use the central tree to teleport to all the others.
- Spirit tree chatheads (ancient/young) are considerably larger than they appear in the chatbox.