|Released||4 January 2001 (Update)|
|Examine||He tries to keep order around here.|
|Respawn time||50 ticks (30 seconds)|
Their level ranges from 19-22, and they are quite weak. All guards are not aggressive unless they are attacked first. In Deadman mode, there are unique level 1337 guards who are able to hit up to 30 with a very high accuracy (melee and Ice Barrage). They are capable of Tele Blocking and negating Prayer completely. These guards will kill anyone who enters a safe zone with a PK skull instantly. The combat level is a reference to leetspeak.
Guards are also a popular clue scroll drop monster due to their low level and ability to drop medium clue scrolls. Completion of the medium Falador Diary allows the player to have a 20% increased chance of receiving a clue scroll drop from guards in Falador.
Appearance[edit | edit source]
The guards in Falador and Edgeville wear an iron chainbody and a bronze med helm as armour. Their weaponry consists mostly of bronze swords and bronze battleaxes. Some guards wield bows and wear hardleather bodies.
Guards should not be confused with Al-Kharid warriors in the Emir's Palace, Soldiers and Watchmen in Yanille, Kourend guards in Great Kourend, guards found at the entrance of the Burthorpe Castle, or the aggressive jail guards found in Draynor Village.
Locations[edit | edit source]
|Falador||19, 21, 22||18||Maplink|
|East of Doric's hut||19||1||Maplink|
|Port Sarim Jail||21||5||Maplink|
|Varrock Castle, ground floor[UK]1st floor[US]||21||7||Maplink|
|Varrock Castle, 1st floor[UK]2nd floor[US]||21||4||Maplink|
|Varrock Castle, 2nd floor[UK]3rd floor[US]||21||11||Maplink|
Drops[edit | edit source]
The following drop rates are provided by Jagex, unless otherwise specified.
The average Guard kill is worth 166.17.
100%[edit | edit source]
Runes and ammunition[edit | edit source]
Seeds[edit | edit source]
There is a 18/128 chance of rolling the general seed drop table.
|Snape grass seed(m)||2||1/896||4,618||112|
Coins[edit | edit source]
- Only drops in free-to-play.
Other[edit | edit source]
|Body talisman||1||3/128; 4/128[d 1]||1,834||2|
- The body talisman's drop rate increases to 4/128 while in a free-to-play world.
Tertiary[edit | edit source]
|Key (medium)(m)||1||Always[d 1]||Not sold||N/A|
|Clue scroll (medium)(m)||1||1/128; 1/106[d 3][d 2]||Not sold||12|
- The key is only dropped when completing a medium clue scroll asking the player to kill an Ardougne knight.
- The medium clue scroll drop rate increases to 1/106 if the medium Falador Diary has been completed. This only applies to guards in Falador.
- The medium clue scroll drop rate increases to 1/121 with the completion of the medium combat achievements or 1/100 with the completion of the medium Falador Diary and medium combat achievements.
Pickpocketing[edit | edit source]
A recommended way to efficiently thieve from Guards is to complete the Recruitment Drive quest, setting your spawn to Falador, and pickpocket Falador guards until you die. Once you die, run straight up and pick up any coins that you died with.
Pickpocketing info[edit | edit source]
|Thieving XP||46.8 xp|
Pickpocket chance[edit | edit source]
The diary is a reference to medium & hard Ardougne diary. Medium diary applies to guards strictly in Ardougne, and hard diary applies to guards everywhere.
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
Gallery (historical)[edit | edit source]
Changes[edit | edit source]
|23 April 2015
|26 February 2015
Added some Guards to the roof of Varrock Palace.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Edgeville and Falador guards had festive overrides wearing santa hats during the 2021 Christmas event.
- The Falador crossbow-wielding guard uses the Karil's crossbow animation when firing.