Iban's staff (u) (referred to in-game as Iban's upgraded staff) is an upgraded Iban's staff that holds 2,500 charges instead of 120. It is obtained by bringing an Iban's staff and 200,000 coins to the Dark Mage, in the tower east of the entrance to the Underground Pass in West Ardougne. Upgrading the staff will also fully charge it. It requires 50 Magic and 50 Attack to wield. Casting Iban Blast on a monster consumes one charge from the staff and casting it on another player consumes two charges. Casting other spells, like Fire Blast, does not consume any charges.
If Iban's staff is lost prior to completing the Underground Pass quest, Disciples of Iban must be killed for a broken Iban's staff. After the quest is completed, Koftik will give a broken staff to the player at the entrance to the Underground Pass. The broken Iban's staff must be brought to the Dark Mage with 200,000 coins to repair it, then to reobtain the upgraded staff, the player must pay another 200,000 coins to the Dark Mage to upgrade the new staff. The broken staff can be repaired and upgraded directly to the upgraded variant for 400,000 coins.
The maximum hit with Iban Blast is 25, making it excellent for low-level player killing and Barrows.
If Iban's staff (u) is lost in PvP under level 20 Wilderness, it will be dropped to the ground and can be picked back up.
Upgrading Iban's staff or wielding an Iban's staff (u) is a medium Ardougne Diary task.
In order to charge an Iban's staff or an upgraded Iban's staff, players may bring it to the Flames of zamorak well in the Underground Pass to recharge it for free, doing so requires a spade, rope, a bow and multiple arrows in case they miss. The paladins do not need to be killed again.
Once Regicide is completed, travelling from Isafdar to the well is much easier. The staff can be recharged at any time.
If Mourning's End Part I is started, providing access to the Teleport crystal, crossing out of Lletya and into the back exit of the Underground Pass (dungeon) works too:
- Pass the tree west of Lleyta and continue west.
- Step-over the tripwire, pass through the dense forest, jump the leaves to the north, then continue east to the Cave entrance.
- Once inside, climb down the well, exit the temple, then head north-east out of the maze. Pass through the large door with the skull and you will be in front of the Flames of zamorak well. Use your Iban's staff or Iban's staff (u) for free-recharging.
Alternatively, players can pay the Dark Mage 100,000 coins to charge the standard staff or 250,000 coins to charge the upgraded staff.
- ↑ The cost may be higher because of the variant of the item used. The base item is iban's staff.
|21 May 2015
The item was renamed from "Iban's upgraded staff" to "Iban's staff (u)".
- Every time the player equips Iban's staff, the game chat will state "You equip the staff of Iban."