A portrait of Lord Drakan's immediate family,
(from left to right) Ranis
; Lowerniel himself is not present, although the moon is believed to bear his visage.
Lord Lowerniel Vergidiyad Drakan is the vampyre overlord and tyrant of Morytania. He had rebelled against Zaros with Zamorak. He supposedly now resides in Castle Drakan in the city of Darkmeyer, the capital of Morytania, although he hasn't been seen for centuries. He has made the Vyrewatch of Sanguinesti to collect blood tithes from the people. The Drakan family have been ruling Morytania for centuries. Luckily, Drakan's hordes of vampyres and werewolves can't cross the holy River Salve.
- Drakan, along with most if not all Vampyres, is brought from Vampyrium to Gielinor by Zaros after being discovered by the god.
- Drakan rebels against Zaros.
- Drakan forms an army of vampyres and werewolves.
- Saradominist priests force the hordes of Drakan and Drakan himself back to Morytania. Afterward, neither Drakan nor any of his minions could return to the mainland, as the River Salve had been blessed.
- Drakan invades Hallowvale and turns it into Darkmeyer, the new capital of Morytania, and (presumably later) Meiyerditch, a decrepit ghetto south of the capital where subjugated humans are housed and routinely tithed for blood.
- Drakan forces all humans of Morytania to submit to blood tithes. He forms the Vyrewatch to maintain control, and the Theatre of Blood is established at an unknown time in order to manipulate the human population, especially the citizens of Meiyerditch, into complying with the tithes.
- A gust of "evil air" from Darkmeyer reaches Mort'ton, once a trading town. The air turns the citizens into muttering undead creatures. Shades have also invaded the town.
- Drakan makes plans to attack Port Phasmatys, but his hordes are prevented from reaching the town by the priest-mage Necrovarus and his use of the Ectofuntus. The town was saved from Drakan, but the town's population died and Phasmatys became a ghost town, its inhabitants stuck in this world forever.
- Burgh de Rott becomes subject to Drakan's tithes as the citizens are brutalized by Vampyres and tithe collectors, most notably Gadderanks.
- Count Draynor, the brother of Drakan, leaves Morytania and becomes weakened by the holy river's blessing. He resided in Draynor Manor until a Vampire Slayer killed him. According to Roavar, his death has infuriated Drakan.
- Drakan sends Vanstrom Klause, a member of the Vyrewatch, to destroy the Myreque who are trying to free Morytania. Klause is successful in killing two members, but the rest relocate to Burgh de Rott. Klause then sends a pair of Vampyre Juvinates to kill Ivan Strom on his way to Paterdomus, but this attack fails.
- Drakan leaves Gielinor and returns to Vampyrium, capturing the Yarasa King Xarpus, bringing it to Lady Verzik Vitur's Theatre of Blood.
- Drakan's brother, Ranis, is slain by the Myreque using the Ivandis flail, exposing a vulnerability previously unknown to the Vyrewatch and Vyres and possibly posing a threat to even Drakan himself. It is as of yet unknown how Drakan reacts to his brother's death, although Vanstrom Klause forbodingly remarks he "won't be pleased."